And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 12:29:03 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2013, 12:26:58 PM
He gave up 2 CPs in order to make sure I did not spend 4 CPs fighting the Ottomans.

That is not what he did at all and for you to keep insinuating that is pretty blatantly absurd.  Max has already stated his reasons for doing what he did and it certainly wasn't to help me.  Asserting that it was is simply ignoring his statements.  Do you have a reason to doubt what he's said?

That is exactly what he did - that may not have been what he intended to do, but that is what he did do.

I understand perfectly well what his reasons were, and understand perfectly well that they were not to help you - I certainly never claimed otherwise. I have not ignored his statements of course, just pointed out that they don't apply to the current situation, since there was no way I was going to be playing that card as the event. That would be a terrible play on my part, even if it was legal. Even worse than him playing Witchcraft on me, or viking playing Pay Ships. Well, maybe not quite that bad. But still a bad play, had I done it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Ah, I forgot that Mary gets captured after Scottish Lords. Max's Spanish discard makes sense certainly.

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 12:39:00 PM
And now we see the truth in why Max chose to get rid of Rising in the North.

Yeah, because I was so going to play it as an event now.

Oh wait, nope. Still would be 2 galleys.

0 rows returned

Viking

The revolt in Amsterdam is a 3cp revolt, so you conquer harlem as well plus you only get 1 regular, not 2 in amsterdam
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 12:39:48 PM
Ah, I forgot that Mary gets captured after Scottish Lords. Max's Spanish discard makes sense certainly.

Not according to Spain!   :lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 18, 2013, 12:40:41 PM
The revolt in Amsterdam is a 3cp revolt, so you conquer harlem as well plus you only get 1 regular, not 2 in amsterdam

No, he doesn't get Haarlem.  He already got Amsterdam, Alkmaar and Utrecht.  Correct RE : the regulars, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 12:42:50 PM

Like I said, it is pretty clear why you are such a big fan of the play.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

And yeah, total number of flipped spaces is equal to CP spent by my reading. Will fix the regulars in my move unless someone else does it first.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2013, 12:44:07 PM

And it is pretty clear why you are not.  Glad we're agreed.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 12:45:58 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2013, 12:44:07 PM

And it is pretty clear why you are not.  Glad we're agreed.

Indeed - it is for the exact same reasons in fact.

You like it because it helps you immensely while not helping anyone else much at all, I don't like it because it helps you immensely without helping anyone else at all.

0 rows returned

Maximus

File sent. Forgot to add the mary marker but I think otherwise it's right. Not clear on where the french regular from Edinburgh goes, I displaced it to Calais. Feel free to correct

edit: Ulmont did my move as well, his is probably more correct.

ulmont

Successfully assaulted Frankfurt and converted some spaces back in France.

File sent, which also includes Max's play.  Please ignore Max's file, as it didn't touch VP.

I did forget the Mary status change as well though.

Solmyr

I believe the French regular is displaced to Calais since it's closest to Edinburgh.

Maximus

Quote from: ulmont on April 18, 2013, 12:55:30 PM
Successfully assaulted Frankfurt and converted some spaces back in France.

File sent, which also includes Max's play.  Please ignore Max's file, as it didn't touch VP.

I did forget the Mary status change as well though.
And Hawkins, I'll send a correction

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Draw Extra Strategy card
Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Patron

I patronize belasso and draw a card.

extend turn with treasure to place mercenary on foreign war card
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.