And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 18, 2013, 09:15:39 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2013, 08:57:40 AM
You do that, and I will never make another deal with you again in any game. Ever.

Cut that drama queen hyperbole. You made me choose between promises made to you, promises made to others and remaining competetive, deal with it.

Fair enough. We made a deal, that deal was very simple. I give you a treasure, you play a card for me.

If you made a promise to someone else that makes your promise to me impossible (and other than "I promise not to play this card as an event", there is no possible such promise) then you lied to me or to them.

Otherwise, there is absolutely nothing about events that makes it impossible for you to fulfill your end of our deal, except that you are simply screwing me and never intended to fulfill it. Which is fine, and perfectly within the rules.

Just don't bother ever sending me a message about a proposal. If I cannot trust you, I am not going to deal with you. You only get to fuck me once.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#72: 4 / War with Poland
Playable if Holy Roman Empire is not at war with Ottoman. Holy Roman player must remove 3 to 8 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card (23.7). Poles start with either 3 or 5 land units (chosen by power playing card). If the higher number, award 1 War Winner to Holy Roman when war ends. Add a -1 card marker on Holy Roman until war ends.

Message from France:
Since those conversions are in the Netherlands, it doesn't affect my move.

Viking, you want me to just toss the entire 4 regulars and 2 leaders onto the event, or just 3 regulars and leave Schwendi/Zyrinyi with 1 regular, or some combination thereof?  I'm going to put 5 Poles into play either way.

I sent a file with Spanish and French moves, assuming just the bare minimum units moved onto the foreign war; Viking is up to adjust and to play (if the Netherlands conversions don't affect him).

Viking

Take the whole stack i Strassburg 4R and both leaders plus 1 regular from vienna.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on April 18, 2013, 09:30:11 AM
Take the whole stack i Strassburg 4R and both leaders plus 1 regular from vienna.

Two minutes.

Correction file sent.

Solmyr

Netherlands conversions from Belgic: expand start area to Utrecht with one major, then convert Haarlem, Brielle, s'Hertogenbosch, Maastricht, and Flushing with the rest. Unrest in s'Hertogenbosch.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 09:35:10 AM
Netherlands conversions from Belgic: expand start area to Utrecht with one major, then convert Haarlem, Brielle, s'Hertogenbosch, Maastricht, and Flushing with the rest. Unrest in s'Hertogenbosch.

File sent with those adjustments in it.  Viking up to play.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#73: 5 / War in Persia
Ottoman player must remove 3 to 8 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card (23.7). Persians start with either 3 or 5 land units (chosen by power playing card). If the higher number, award 1 War Winner to Ottoman when war ends. Add a -1 card marker on Ottoman until war ends.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4/5 Build 4 mercs on Poland War Card
5/5 Resolve foreign war

Solmyr, can you roll the 10 HRE dice vs 5 Polish dice.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

BTW, nice detail, putting the disorder marker on the protestant spaces track to show how many protestant spaces are in disorder.

Solmyr

You can only have 8 units on a foreign war at once, and you moved 5r there. I assume the regular from Vienna will stay home instead and the 4 mercs will be built on the war.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 09:46:43 AM
You can only have 8 units on a foreign war at once, and you moved 5r there. I assume the regular from Vienna will stay home instead and the 4 mercs will be built on the war.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

The vienna regular stays

4/5 Build 1R2M on Card
5/5 Resolve war.

So pre-war 6R2M

9 dice vs 5

Maximus

Solmyr

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 15

Message from Protestants:
Viking vs Martinus, 10 vs 5 dice.

Actually should be 9 vs 5 so ignoring the last one.

The Germans inflict one hit but suffer two and flee in terror as the enemy starts performing foot sex.

Well, you asked me to roll. :P

Solmyr

I can send the file with this and my own play in a min.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 09:50:51 AM
QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 15

Viking vs Martinus, 10 vs 5 dice.

Actually should be 9 vs 5 so ignoring the last one.

The Germans inflict one hit but suffer two and flee in terror as the enemy starts performing foot sex.

Well, you asked me to roll. :P

The Germans suffer 3 hits; you should ignore the last HRE die, not the last die period.

EDIT: looking at some PBEM campaigns, the "discard extras" is a bit ambiguous on this point, so fuck it as long as we're consistent when this comes up again.

Solmyr

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Event

#60: 2 / John Knox
Flip all but 1 space in Scotland to Protestant religious influence.

- OR -

Playable by England or Protestant to add 4 influence with Scotland.

Add 4 inf with Scotland.

Off to Habs.