News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

SD is going to be Henry, Montmorency, 1+3 from Paris to Reims.

Max still up for SD.

Maximus

As mentioned previously English SD is 2 regulars to Dublin

Viking

Schwendi, Zrinyi, 4R6M to Strassburg

BTW, Ottomans and Spaniards need to pick their cards.

Edit: Not spain, and I think the ottomans might not have both cards this turn?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on April 17, 2013, 07:34:56 PM

Forgot, sorry.  Sol up to SD, although Habs and Berk may need to pick home cards.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on April 17, 2013, 07:52:47 PM
Quote from: Maximus on April 17, 2013, 07:34:56 PM

Forgot, sorry.  Sol up to SD, although Habs and Berk need to pick home cards.

sol can't, not having any units or capitals and I'm actually not clear no the ottoman home card issue.. does he still get both?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on April 17, 2013, 07:58:09 PM
sol can't, not having any units or capitals and I'm actually not clear no the ottoman home card issue.. does he still get both?

I can't remember how it works when the fake card hasn't been played yet.  I sent a file with Ottoman -> HRE SD in it, barring any card issues.

ulmont

Although apparently so did you.  I'm sure Viking's file is fine, so ignore mine.

EDIT: although one of these files should delete the unrest marker in the north sea.

Maximus

I think he gets both home cards this turn, but he has to selimize at some point this turn.

Viking

Habbaku

Quote from: Maximus on April 17, 2013, 08:09:21 PM
I think he gets both home cards this turn, but he has to selimize at some point this turn.

Correct.  It says so right on my ruler's card...

QuoteOttoman Tribute for CPs :

1/5 - Naval Move. Finica galley to East Med. HRE galley to Adriatic Sea. Piyale Pasha's fleet to Ionian Sea. Dragut and 3 corsairs to Barbary Coast.

Berkut has the option to intercept the pirates in Barbary Coast.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 10

Message from Ottoman:
4 Ottoman vs. 6 Spanish in Barbary Coast.

Unsurprisingly, Ottoman seamanship wins the day again.  1 corsair and 1 Spanish galley sunk.  Don John's forces must retreat to a nearby port or sea zone.  It might matter, so I'll pause here to confirm.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Message
Per Berkut, Don John and galley to Palma.

2/5 CPs - Raise 1 cavalry in Coron.
3-4/5 - 4 cavalry naval transport from Coron to Malta.

Spanish might fight on the beaches or retreat into fortifications.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Event
#15: 2 / Storms [RESPONSE]
Play during another power's impulse just after they have announced they are spending CP to move, assault, initiate piracy, conduct a naval move, or start a naval transport. 1 CP is lost. For the rest of the impulse, no land unit of that power may move more than 1 space; assault, piracy, naval moves, and naval transport are prohibited OR Force any expedition to undergo a Navigation roll.

[FAQ: Effects only last for this one impulse; may not be used to stop Treachery! event.]

Message from Spain:
Storms after the cav tries to move out to sea.

0 rows returned