News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

1. I'm seriously starting to reconsider this god thing. God is John Maynard Keynes. ACTS can roll irrationally longer than I can continue being solvent in units.

2. As dice roller the correct answer is not, "I assume", but rather "does not compute" when asked to do the incomprehensible.

3. This is why I roll separately for each side in a battle.

4. My correction came after the roll, but my intention was to fight with 6R2M rather than 4R4M. So my losses are 2M1R in the battle (rather than 3M) with 5R remaining (rather than 4R1M) and no regular in vienna as Solmyr assumed.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

It seems that vicarious rolling doesn't help me in the least.. and in this case the poor communication caused me extra losses.

I'm going back to rolling for myself. It is hopeless, but it must be done.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event
#75: 2 / The Lost Colony [MANDATORY]
Message from Ottoman:
Event/CPs. No colony in Atlantic, so no effect.

1-2/2 CPs - Naval transport 4 cavalry from Coron to Malta.

Off to Spain.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

#22: 3 / Genoese Bankers
Draw 2 cards from deck. You draw 1 less card next turn. Place a "-1 Card" marker on the appropriate power card until next turn as a reminder. OR Launch an expedition with a colony and then spend 3 CP on naval moves or piracy.

Message from Spain:
WE will draw 2 cards.

No file, someone throw a -1 Card marker on me please.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Max, that card you drew from me would be great to use on Spain. ;)

Berkut

Actually, it would be great to use on Spain if you desperately want the Ottomans to win.

0 rows returned

Maximus

Played Witchcraft to discard Rising of the North.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Maximus on April 18, 2013, 11:29:50 AM

Why that? Mary is not captured in England, so it's just a 4 CP card.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 11:39:42 AM

...for now.

ulmont

Home card for CPs:

QuoteFrance: Message
1/5 - raise 1 merc Reims.
2/5 - Reims stack to Metz.
3/5 - Henry, Montmorency, 4+4 from Metz to Trier.
4/5 - control Trier.
5/5 - Trier stack to Frankfurt, assumed siege.

File sent, Viking up.

Solmyr

Will Viking be: crushed in yet another game?

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 11:39:42 AM

Pffft, it is a 4-cp card because I have way better things to worry about than England.

Nobody seems to notice that the HRE just got eviscerated, they abandoned their forts entirely, gave their fleet to the Ottomans, who are now taking Malta, will likely take Tunis as well, and nobody is doing anything to even remotely stop them. Next turn they will stroll into Vienna, and nobody is going to help the HRE - you can be certain I won't after he just screwed me.

What England just had me discard was two galleys. What he just did was hand the Ottomans 2 VPs...at least.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

I assume there's some sort of deal between the Protestants and French, then?  Those French keys are looking rather...ripe.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#67: 3 / Spanish Pay Ships Seized
Not playable by Spain. The Spanish player must remove 2 regulars under his control from spaces in the Netherlands. 2 Spanish mercenaries may be removed instead of each regular if desired. Power playing card draws a new card from the deck. Remove from deck if played as event.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Spain to remove two regulars.

I'd worry about the french being two (nearly) undefended keys away from winning