And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 18, 2013, 11:55:49 AM
I'd worry about the french being two (nearly) undefended keys away from winning

I think the Protestants have that well in hand.  Not that you're wrong, mind you.  Berkut is very good at playing the "Whoever I'm at war with is winning" card.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be down a net 1 key after this turn in light of Scotland and other items.

Berkut

Ahh, so now we are going into "lets just be petty" mode. Noted.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Sol, why did you do a 7-CP rebellion in La Rochelle instead of a 4/3 split?  You get a bonus die against all home spaces, so you'd have 5 dice against La Rochelle (and only need 1 hit) and get Amsterdam for free.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 11:58:10 AM

I think the Protestants have that well in hand.  Not that you're wrong, mind you.  Berkut is very good at playing the "Whoever I'm at war with is winning" card.

Not nearly as good as you are at playing the "Hey, everyone else do what I want while I win the game. Again." card.

Ottomans have two natural enemies. You talked one of them into abandoning his defenses and giving you a ship, and the other you've got the rest of the board doing their best to keep from even slowing you down.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

I don't think walloons count as regulars

edit: disregarding the obvious about the walloons of reality....

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

:lol:  Yes, that's me.  I've somehow managed to convince the entire board that Spain is the real threat while I sail off to victory.  I am so Machiavellian it hurts.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 18, 2013, 12:07:02 PM
I don't think walloons count as regulars

edit: disregarding the obvious about the walloons of reality....

Regulars are regulars are regulars.  Walloons are just Walloon regulars.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 12:04:39 PM
Sol, why did you do a 7-CP rebellion in La Rochelle instead of a 4/3 split?  You get a bonus die against all home spaces, so you'd have 5 dice against La Rochelle (and only need 1 hit) and get Amsterdam for free.

I didn't know about the bonus, or I would have split it. Up to Berkut though if he lets me have Amsterdam and 2 other spaces now.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 12:04:39 PM

I didn't know about the bonus, or I would have split it. Up to Berkut though if he lets me have Amsterdam and 2 other spaces now.

I'd say you'd have to re-roll la rochelle if you wanted to change that..

Solmyr

Can do that, if people agree to let me redo the rebellion play.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 12:14:08 PM
Can do that, if people agree to let me redo the rebellion play.

:yes:  As long as you re-roll La Rochelle, I have no problem with it.

Regardless, Ottoman play :

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event
#63: 3 / Nostradamus' Prophecies
Powers other than France: Draw 2 cards from deck. Then discard any 1 card in your hand (does not need to be one just drawn).

France: Draw 3 cards from deck. Then discard any 2 cards in your hand (these cards do not need to be from among those just drawn).

Message from Ottoman:
Event.

Drawing two, discarding one.  Off to Spain to do my bidding.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Discarded Desperate Assault, by the way.

-J. R. R. Tolkien