News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Well, he's gonna be pretty much untouchable now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

At least through the plexiglass for visitation Wednesdays and Sundays.

sbr

CountDeMoney

QuoteSAN CLEMENTE, Calif. -- Authorities say former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young has been arrested in California for the third time in a week.

Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Joe Balicki says the 23-year-old Young was arrested late Friday in San Clemente for allegedly breaking into a home.

Balicki says Young fought with deputies after a foot chase. He has been charged with attempted burglary, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. He is in custody Sunday on $75,000 bail.

"There was a brief struggle," Balicki said, according to the Detroit News. "He wanted to fight with the deputies. They ended up subduing him."

Young also was arrested last Sunday in Riverside County on suspicion of driving under the influence, then was arrested again the same day for trying to take his car from a tow yard.

The Lions waived the troubled Young on Feb. 4. A second-round draft pick in 2011, Young was disciplined multiple times last season and was told to stay away from the Lions' facility because he intentionally lined up wrong in a Week 14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

During his time with Detroit, Young also was sent home by the team on three different occasions -- once for punching teammate Louis Delmas during an offseason workout program, then twice for repeated insubordinate behavior.

Young was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams but ultimately released 10 days later.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 13, 2013, 05:59:20 AM
Titus Young's behavior is looking less criminal and more clinical.  There is something definitely wrong upstairs.

Indeed, which hopefully for his sake means he can get help.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on May 13, 2013, 03:43:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 13, 2013, 05:59:20 AM
Titus Young's behavior is looking less criminal and more clinical.  There is something definitely wrong upstairs.

Indeed, which hopefully for his sake means he can get help.

:lol:  Help for the mentally unstable?  Not until he shoots up an kindergarten or movie theater.

CountDeMoney

Rolando McClain retired from the NFL today.  :lol:

As Preston put it in the Sun: the Ravens blew it on this one. They went out and signed a knucklehead who remained a knucklehead. At this point, we don't know why McClain retired at age 23, and to be honest, I'm afraid to ask. I really don't want to know, and I'm just glad he is out of here.

At least he decided to do it now, and not week 3 of training camp.  Enjoy prison, Rolando.

katmai

I do believe BA called that one, no?

sbr

CountDeMoney

Interesting take, but who knows if it'll stick.  He sounds broke in the head.

sbr

Oh, for sure.  I would be surprised if he turned his shit around and came back, but it was an interesting theory.

Neil

I met Andrew Luck today.  He's doing a good job of growing facial hair on other places apart from his neck.  Like the front of his chin.  Maybe he'll be OK?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

He's gonna surpass Unitas as greatest Colt qb evah!

katmai

Quote from: sbr on May 15, 2013, 09:03:48 PM
Not so fast my friend, on the McClain retirement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/mcclain-could-be-back/

QuoteLinebacker Rolando McClain, 23, has gotten married, been arrested twice, been cut by the lowly Oakland Raiders, then signed by the champion Baltimore Ravens and has now retired.

That's a busy life for most people. McClain has managed to do all of that since the beginning of January.

On Wednesday, one of the more bizarre careers in NFL history ended, at least for now, with McClain telling Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome that he was done.

"Rolando let me know that he plans to retire from the NFL," Newsome said in a release from the Ravens.

CountDeMoney

Holy shit, Chuck Muncie died. 60 years old. 

All that cocaine abuse in the 80s finally tackled his heart.

:(