News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

They keep saying that they'd consider keeping two fullbacks.  Maybe play the Harvard Polack at TE.  Bajema is pretty vulnerable, it seems to me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2013, 11:22:42 PM
Leach could wind up being a casualty

:(

E:  Well at least he got a ring though.  That dude is a pretty awesome fullback. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2013, 11:22:42 PM
Leach could wind up being a casualty, but I think that would be a mistake.

I'm surprised Ed hasn't said anything about his white boy from Ohio State yet.

I've been busy. And you'll like John Simon. If he can transition to linebacker.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

You know, I feel bad for all those Ravens players I loved who never got to enjoy a Superbowl.  Not so much Kyle Boller, but rather guys who really contributed to making the team great, but never quite got there that year.  Guys like Todd Heap, who struggled for years as the only guy on the team who could catch a ball.  Jarret Johnson, who was such a devastating runstopper and playmaker.  Kelly Gregg, a smaller-looking guy who had great technique and heart.  Derrick Mason, who I credit with starting the idea that the offence should have some pride.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Mason played in a super bowl for Tennessee didn't he?

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: sbr on May 03, 2013, 08:03:21 AM
Mason played in a super bowl for Tennessee didn't he?
Yeah, he was a young guy on that team doing punt returns and the like.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on May 01, 2013, 10:17:41 AM
Quote from: daveracher on May 01, 2013, 10:10:55 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 01, 2013, 09:57:54 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2013, 06:15:57 AM
Somebody will sign him.  He's not capable of being a full time QB, but he's certainly capable of more than a single sneak attempt up the middle that was called offsides anyway.

Heaven forbid he had accomplished anything and proven Rex wrong for sticking with Sanchez.

Lots of media speculation (not sure if based on anything substantive) about Tebow coming to the CFL.  Apparently the Alouettes hold his rights.

I was reading though they only offered to let him compete to be Calvillos backup... I guess they could move his rights to Toronto  :nelson:

Well, yeah.  It's not as if Tebow is a proven pro QB.

But if you think about it that is actually a hell of an offer.  Montreal is a perennial favourite, Calvillo a certain hall of famer.  Th chance to learn from him would be valuable. 

Plus Calvillo is 40.  He's not going to be playing much longer.

*If* Tim Tebow was serious about wanting to be a professional quarterback, that would be his chance to do it.

Only if he has exhausted any possible chance of a meaningful pro career.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Interesting.  The Texans are letting Collin Klein have a shot at playing QB during the rookie minicamp.  It seems he's been working with Jake Plummer, of all people, and they're wanting to see if he's made any progress.

He'll probably still end up as a TE, if anything, but hey maybe he really has gotten better.

sbr

There are very few people* around that are able to play quarterback at a very high level (definitely less than 32 IMO) and ANY chance to find one is worth taking.  That said I imagine Klein will play TE or something for a year or two then fade away.

*Though a guy like Kurt Warner shows that there may be more than we know, they just don't ever get a shot at showing it.

katmai

So is Titus Young just the perfect addition for the bungles or what?!?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Holy crap Young was arrested twice in 15 hours?

I thought Cliff Harris' 3 times in 9 days was bad. :lol:

katmai

Niners sign deal so new stadium will be Levi's Stadium.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on May 08, 2013, 06:00:24 PM
Holy crap Young was arrested twice in 15 hours?

I thought Cliff Harris' 3 times in 9 days was bad. :lol:
Young decided to best that record too!

CountDeMoney

Titus Young's behavior is looking less criminal and more clinical.  There is something definitely wrong upstairs.