And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 28, 2013, 02:08:52 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 28, 2013, 02:07:25 PM
I'm not sure what graboning is unless its being a faggy douchebag. 

I state an opinion, and you repeat facts I already know, like it's some sort of contrary point.

So yeah, that's being a faggy douchebag.

I dunno, maybe you cant read good no more.  You're gettin old pappy.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Stop being a contrarian assfuck, you contrarian assfuck.

HVC

Where's your god now Tebow? Should have collected the groupies when you had the chance.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

dps

Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2013, 08:29:25 AM
Where's your god now Tebow? Should have collected the groupies when you had the chance.

He's no longer a Jet.  Sounds like salvation to me.

CountDeMoney

No shit.  I could see him winding up in Chicago, because Trestman's a goof like that.

The Washington Post was tossing up the possibility of the CFL, though.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2013, 07:37:25 PM
No shit.  I could see him winding up in Chicago, because Trestman's a goof like that.

The Washington Post was tossing up the possibility of the CFL, though.
The CFL makes sense.  It worked for Flutie, Moon, Garcia, Theismann.  I don't think Trestman would take him, if only because that's such a CFL thing to do.  I don't think
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 29, 2013, 07:56:13 PM
The CFL makes sense.  It worked for Flutie, Moon, Garcia, Theismann.

Maybe somebody up there won't actually be afraid he'll succeed, unlike John Elway or Rex Ryan.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2013, 09:34:42 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 29, 2013, 07:56:13 PM
The CFL makes sense.  It worked for Flutie, Moon, Garcia, Theismann.
Maybe somebody up there won't actually be afraid he'll succeed, unlike John Elway or Rex Ryan.
It'll be alright.  Firstly, nobody up here gives a rat's ass about college ball, so what he did at Florida isn't going to matter to the fans.  And then there aren't crazy christians around who will flock to his religiousness, so that will help.  If you subtract the cultish weirdness from the fanbase, then a team can evaluate Tebow strictly on his merits, and we'll see what he's got.  The problem was never Tebow, it was American culture.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 07:35:32 AM
The problem was never Tebow, it was American culture.

I think his throwing mechanics may have something to do with it, but suit yourself.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 07:41:00 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 07:35:32 AM
The problem was never Tebow, it was American culture.
I think his throwing mechanics may have something to do with it, but suit yourself.
Those throwing mechanics made the playoffs and beat the Steelers.  He'd be a backup at least somewhere if it wasn't for the crazy cult.

katmai

And again Neil shows how little he knows about football :console:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2013, 07:56:57 AM
And again Neil shows how little he knows about football :console:
Fuck you, faggot.  Jared Lorenzen was in the league for four years as a backup, and he was compromised by the fact that he looked and moved like a guard.  He didn't damage his team just by being there.  Tebow does, and it's because of cultist crazies.

sbr

He won a playoff game because the Steelers had so little respect for him they played 0 coverage the entire game and he made 2 throws.

He has no ability to play qb full time anywhere, but even he can occasionally hit an.open receiver.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on April 30, 2013, 08:28:27 AM
He won a playoff game because the Steelers had so little respect for him they played 0 coverage the entire game and he made 2 throws.

He has no ability to play qb full time anywhere, but even he can occasionally hit an.open receiver.
But only 47% of the time.  And while the Steelers might have had little respect for his arm, they certainly respected his legs.

I don't think that Tebow is an NFL starter.  He worked in Denver because the Broncos can run the ball effectively and have a top 5 defence, but if you put him in, say, Matt Stafford's situation, the result wouldn't be good.  The modern era depends on the pass, be it Brady/Manning-style high-percentage chain moving, or Flacco long bombs for 50+ yards.  That said, I have a hard time believing that Tebow is materially worse than a lot of guys who have played backup in the NFL.  If it weren't for the fact that his cultists are damaging to whatever team he's on, he'd have a much better chance of playing for a while longer in the NFL.

katmai

He's not even a backup at this point, he can be if he is willing to accept fact he needs to keep working on his delivery. The question is if he's willing to do that.

He got fucked when that dipshit in Denver spent 1st round pick on him and inflated his worth. And then the shitty competition in Denver didn't help. And the Jets are a fucking joke. So for his sake he needs to find team that will just let him sit in as 3rd string.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son