News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 07:35:32 AM
If you subtract the cultish weirdness from the fanbase, then a team can evaluate Tebow strictly on his merits, and we'll see what he's got.  The problem was never Tebow, it was American culture.

I think at least half the blame lies with the anti-Tebowites. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 08:04:09 AM
Fuck you, faggot.  Jared Lorenzen was in the league for four years as a backup, and he was compromised by the fact that he looked and moved like a guard.  He didn't damage his team just by being there.  Tebow does, and it's because of cultist crazies.

Lorenzen was fun to watch in college.  Too bad you missed out on that :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2013, 10:27:56 AM
He's not even a backup at this point, he can be if he is willing to accept fact he needs to keep working on his delivery. The question is if he's willing to do that.

He got fucked when that dipshit in Denver spent 1st round pick on him and inflated his worth. And then the shitty competition in Denver didn't help. And the Jets are a fucking joke. So for his sake he needs to find team that will just let him sit in as 3rd string.
BA is going to kick your ass for dissing Kyle Orton.

You have to wonder.  Sure, Denver has a history of sub-par coaching at most positions, and the Jets are a punchline, but by now people must have been working with Tebow on his throwing motion for years.  Then again, I suppose the last time I saw him throw a ball was that pass he threw to Demaryius Thomas in the playoffs.  Obviously I would not watch a Jets game that the Ravens weren't involved in unless I was really bored, and even if I did Tebow hardly played.  I don't know if he's gotten better since then or what.  Has he been improving or not?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Orton is a joke, and BA can blow me. :P

I can't speak to his coaching at Denver, but shit look at Jets and regression of Sanchez from his first couple seasons to last. (Granted part of that was last year the Jets had no one, and i mean no one to throw to or hand off
Sorry Shonn Greene but   276   1,063   3.9 isn't very impressive.   

Part of the whole joke drafting Geno is even if they cut Sanchez and stick him in, who do they have for him to go to?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2013, 10:50:59 AM
I can't speak to his coaching at Denver, but shit look at Jets and regression of Sanchez from his first couple seasons to last.

:rolleyes: Here we go-- it's not the Mexican QB's fault he sucks.  It's the coaches'.

:P

katmai

Nah, USC qb's have been waay overrated since the Carroll era.

But of course the best QB of all time is Jim Plunkett!

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2013, 11:08:57 AM
But of course the best QB of all time is Jim Plunkett!

What does that have to do with USC?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Valmy

USC's QBs have sucked since Carroll...but Jim Plunkett is the best of all time.  Which sounded to me like you were saying USC produced Plunkett but he went to Stanford.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 07:35:32 AM
If you subtract the cultish weirdness from the fanbase, then a team can evaluate Tebow strictly on his merits, and we'll see what he's got.  The problem was never Tebow, it was American culture.
I think at least half the blame lies with the anti-Tebowites.
Which group though?  The ones who say 'His mechanics are wrong and he can't play' or the ones who are like 'He's too Christian'?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2013, 11:16:42 AM
USC's QBs have sucked since Carroll...but Jim Plunkett is the best of all time.  Which sounded to me like you were saying USC produced Plunkett but he went to Stanford.

No, it sounded like USC's QBs have sucked since Carroll...but Jim Plunkett is the best of all time.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 11:17:20 AM
Which group though?  The ones who say 'His mechanics are wrong and he can't play' or the ones who are like 'He's too Christian'?

The latter, which was a lot more vocal and helped create the cult.

katmai

Valmy needs to re-read derspicy's post I responded to.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2013, 11:26:52 AM
Valmy needs to re-read derspicy's post I responded to.

He also needs to review this:

http://youtu.be/8zFS7TFzlro

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2013, 10:50:59 AM
Orton is a joke, and BA can blow me. :P
Orton had an overall qb rating of 137.1, a 90% completion rate and no ints last year! :showoff:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."