News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2013, 07:14:37 AM
Holy shit, Chuck Muncie died. 60 years old. 

All that cocaine abuse in the 80s finally tackled his heart.

:(

Yarp.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on May 16, 2013, 01:52:31 AM
Quote from: sbr on May 15, 2013, 09:03:48 PM
Not so fast my friend, on the McClain retirement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/mcclain-could-be-back/

QuoteLinebacker Rolando McClain, 23, has gotten married, been arrested twice, been cut by the lowly Oakland Raiders, then signed by the champion Baltimore Ravens and has now retired.

That's a busy life for most people. McClain has managed to do all of that since the beginning of January.

On Wednesday, one of the more bizarre careers in NFL history ended, at least for now, with McClain telling Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome that he was done.

"Rolando let me know that he plans to retire from the NFL," Newsome said in a release from the Ravens.
I love how that article tries to put some of the blame on the Raiders franchise.  It also seems to neglect the fact that his efforts at "change" after being married preceded his most recent arrests.  Fuck that guy and fuck Yahoo sports even more.  Biggest collection of hacks and garbage in one site online. <_<

Also:  Josh Cribbs to Oakland! :cheers:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Bleacher report is the biggest collection of hacks.  :glare:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

So ESPN is doing a countdown of the greatest coaches in NFL history: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9272249/roots-nfl-coaching-trees-run-deep

Um...it is Vince Lombardi.  The countdown to #1 has all the suspense of figuring out who the top home run hitter in Braves history is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2013, 09:11:11 AM
So ESPN is doing a countdown of the greatest coaches in NFL history: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9272249/roots-nfl-coaching-trees-run-deep

Um...it is Vince Lombardi.

Well, duh.

QuoteThe countdown to #1 has all the suspense of figuring out who the top home run hitter in Braves history is.

I'm sure there's some tard out there fighting a Twitter war for Chipper Jones.  HE JUST HAS TO BE AGED MORE 

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2013, 09:11:11 AM

Um...it is Vince Lombardi.  The countdown to #1 has all the suspense of figuring out who the top home run hitter in Braves history is.
Yeah, the real suspense is seeing how they arrange guys like Shula, Belichick, Noll, Madden, Parcells, Landry and Walsh.  And that's not especially suspenseful.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Brian Urlacher retired today.

Ed Anger

Crabtree fucked his Achilles up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

CountDeMoney

He'll be missed, but it's not like they don't have quality options, either.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 06:39:23 PM

Well hopefully Jenkins from last year takes this opportunity to step up, what sucks is Manningham and Williams both coming back from serious knee injuries so Boldin is only healthy WR.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 06:39:23 PM
Yeah, they have options.  They just drafted AJ Jenkins last year, Manningham is coming back, and Boldin can take over a game if other players can draw off some coverage.  That's at least two, maybe three good options.  The touts are saying that they should get Randy Moss on the phone ASAP, but I'm not so sure.  It seems to me that Boldin has the aging receiver angle covered, and unlike Moss he'll fight like a lion for every ball thrown in his general direction.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on May 22, 2013, 10:08:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2013, 03:51:11 PM
Crabtree fucked his Achilles up.
:nelson:

It's okay, the Seahawks will be fielding CFL team since everyone else will be suspended for PED use.

CountDeMoney

Looks like Joe Flacco's been working hard since the Super Bowl;  packed on 7 pounds in the weight room, showed up at the first OTA yesterday at 252 lbs.

With Ed Reed and Ray Ray gone, looks like Elvis Dumervil has already stepped in as team drill instructor and chew-your-ass-out training camp motivator.