To the married folk (or previously married)

Started by merithyn, January 29, 2013, 03:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

garbon

Well I don't qualify for either but I did get proposed to a few times by someone. Sadly, although perhaps in line with my no, I can't remember the actual circumstances of any. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Never been close, but I've seen it happen a lot on TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

You've never even been close? That actually surprises me.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2013, 03:41:51 PM
Well I don't qualify for either but I did get proposed to a few times by someone. Sadly, although perhaps in line with my no, I can't remember the actual circumstances of any. :blush:

Drunken proposals count. :hug:

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on January 29, 2013, 03:47:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2013, 03:41:51 PM

Drunken proposals count. :hug:

Actually the sad thing is I don't actually think any of them were made while drunk either. I think my memory is just hazy from that period of depression. Poorly formed memories?

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2013, 03:55:22 PM
Actually the sad thing is I don't actually think any of them were made while drunk either. I think my memory is just hazy from that period of depression. Poorly formed memories?

I think it's sweet that someone wanted to marry you while you were going through such a hard time. Not everyone would be so understanding. Was it a long-term relationship?

Darth Wagtaros

I said we should get married and she agreed.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on January 29, 2013, 03:47:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

You've never even been close? That actually surprises me.

Nope.  Anybody that I had ever even considered marrying went off and married somebody else.   :lol:

DGuller

When that time comes, my plan is to invite her on a date to do the taxes, and then mention offhand how much money we would save if we were married.  Hopefully she'll get the hint.

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on January 29, 2013, 04:27:05 PM
When that time comes, my plan is to invite her on a date to do the taxes, and then mention offhand how much money we would save if we were married.  Hopefully she'll get the hint.

:lol:

Enjoy eternal bachelorhood. :hug:

Eddie Teach

Only an accountant would consider doing taxes a fun date idea.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?