To the married folk (or previously married)

Started by merithyn, January 29, 2013, 03:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

I got down on one knee on a beach somewhere to the east of Pensacola and presented her with a printed out copy of the BAH pay table.  :)

merithyn

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 29, 2013, 08:59:55 PM
I got down on one knee on a beach somewhere to the east of Pensacola and presented her with a printed out copy of the BAH pay table.  :)

The what? :huh:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 29, 2013, 09:05:10 PM
Who did a pre-nup? I DID.

There were no nups when I got married at 26.  Oddly enough, there weren't after I got divorced either.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

I said hey I'm moving to Texas. Wanna come?

Edit: Then I moved and left her there.  :P

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

My bride got to wipe my ass for nine months as a present. I am so sentimental.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

She is still waiting for me to propose. :D I told her she would dump her boyfriend and marry me. I bought her the ring and put it on display on my dresser, told her she could put it on whenever she was ready. She dumped the boyfriend, moved in with me and 6 months later we were married. :wub:

16 years happily married. I've been happy, she's been married.  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Martinus

Quote from: merithyn on January 29, 2013, 04:31:50 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 29, 2013, 04:27:05 PM
When that time comes, my plan is to invite her on a date to do the taxes, and then mention offhand how much money we would save if we were married.  Hopefully she'll get the hint.

:lol:

Enjoy eternal bachelorhood. :hug:

Enjoy eternal poverty.  :P

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on January 29, 2013, 04:27:05 PM
When that time comes, my plan is to invite her on a date to do the taxes, and then mention offhand how much money we would save if we were married.  Hopefully she'll get the hint.

It's basically how my Scottish co-worker and his girlfriend have come to the conclusion to get married, after all (that and inheritance laws). They've been together for 10 years now and hadn't intended to get married, ever.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

It accidentally slipped out at a company Christmas do when he was very, very drunk. His colleague overheard and made him get down on one knee and make me a ring using the foil from a beer bottle. He was sick on the way home.

The next day I assumed he was too drunk to mean it and he couldn't remember what my answer was so we didn't mention it!