Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on April 29, 2013, 01:36:47 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2013, 08:30:23 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 25, 2013, 09:12:21 PM
Old yoga women disturb me. There's just something...wrong about them.

50 isn't old--especially if you've taken care of yourself. If you don't agree with me now, I suspect you will as you approach 50.

I disagree with you now.  I believe strongly I will disagree with you if I make 50.

Btw, Al, you were so right about my diet.  Fahdiz wasn't.  But you: yes.  I've been eating a lot more protein lately and it's made a significant difference in that I'm actually seeing some advancement, even as I lose weight, albeit at a slower pace than before.

173 bitches.  The rest of you are fucking tubbos. :yeah:

My dear boy, you have the cart before the horse; I don't think you have the right approach, perhaps doing the activity or sport and then seeing what physique best serves it, and so by that route ending up with an appropriate diet and a sustainable weight.

As it is, just focusing on weight as the sole target, I suspect will be tend towards yo-yo dieting and diminished potential fitness. 

Incidentally I probably currently weight about 11 stone, so about 154 lbs, now if I was still doing a lot of medium distance running I'd be about 10 1/2 stone. Or if still into squash/general fitness tending toward 12 1/2 stone.  No if I was madly into weights I guess I'd be approaching 14-14 1/2 stone.  As I say horses for courses.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on April 29, 2013, 05:35:36 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 29, 2013, 01:36:47 PM

50 isn't old--especially if you've taken care of yourself. If you don't agree with me now, I suspect you will as you approach 50.

I disagree with you now.  I believe strongly I will disagree with you if I make 50.

Btw, Al, you were so right about my diet.  Fahdiz wasn't.  But you: yes.  I've been eating a lot more protein lately and it's made a significant difference in that I'm actually seeing some advancement, even as I lose weight, albeit at a slower pace than before.

173 bitches.  The rest of you are fucking tubbos. :yeah:

My dear boy, you have the cart before the horse; I don't think you have the right approach, perhaps doing the activity or sport and then seeing what physique best serves it, and so by that route ending up with an appropriate diet and a sustainable weight.

As it is, just focusing on weight as the sole target, I suspect will be tend towards yo-yo dieting and diminished potential fitness. 

Incidentally I probably currently weight about 11 stone, so about 154 lbs, now if I was still doing a lot of medium distance running I'd be about 10 1/2 stone. Or if still into squash/general fitness tending toward 12 1/2 stone.  No if I was madly into weights I guess I'd be approaching 14-14 1/2 stone.  As I say horses for courses.

Ide, Mongers speaks wisely.

FWIW, when I stop actively exercising I quickly lose weight. I've never found anyone say I look better when that happens.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

In my book late 20s is old :contract:
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Ended up doing a little over 400 miles on the bike this month; will do more in May.

MadImmortalMan

I ate lunch to day for the first time in...I can't remember. Holy crap I'm stuffed from just 2 small tostadas.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 01, 2013, 03:32:46 PM
I ate lunch to day for the first time in...I can't remember. Holy crap I'm stuffed from just 2 small tostadas.

Maybe we should have a separate nutrition thread, that way Ide's wacky dieting fads could be segregated off  ?

crazy canuck

I have a lot of difficulty with concentration etc if I miss lunch.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 01, 2013, 03:52:38 PM

I generally find as long as I have a breakfast, I can go up to about 12 hours before needing to each again in the evening.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on May 01, 2013, 04:04:01 PM

I generally find as long as I have a breakfast, I can go up to about 12 hours before needing to each again in the evening.

This army travels on its stomach

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 01, 2013, 04:04:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 01, 2013, 04:04:01 PM

This army travels on its stomach

:thumbsup:

I think it's because I no longer eat out or have lunch, that I'm used to going without for long periods and then fitting in much of my eating in a small section of the day.  Sometime's I do it the other way around, say on weekends where I'd breakfast late, have a snack and then a main meal by early evening, so I'll be not eating for 14-18 hours of the day, though that includes sleeping. 

Incidentally isn't that some current fad diet ?

Malthus

Weight loss is really slowing down as I get near my target weight. I'm down 32 pounds, but the last 5 took a month.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

ulmont

Quote from: mongers on May 01, 2013, 04:08:32 PMI'll be not eating for 14-18 hours of the day, though that includes sleeping. 

"Intermittent Fasting."

Brazen

Quote from: ulmont on May 02, 2013, 10:01:09 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 01, 2013, 04:08:32 PMI'll be not eating for 14-18 hours of the day, though that includes sleeping. 

"Intermittent Fasting."
Or as we used to call it in the old days "not eating breakfast".

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on May 02, 2013, 10:20:55 AM

"Intermittent Fasting."

Hope, that's the one thing I Never miss; try googling for the 'Cornflake Ritual'.  :cool:

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on May 02, 2013, 11:53:08 AM
Quote from: Brazen on May 02, 2013, 10:20:55 AM

"Intermittent Fasting."

Hope, that's the one thing I Never miss; try googling for the 'Cornflake Ritual'.  :cool:

Does this ritual involve human sacrifice?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius