News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 15, 2013, 08:22:10 PM
So at karate class tonight, before the teen/adult class started one of the 13-year old girls started asking Princesca questions about sex.  Yeah, that wasn't creepy or anything. :wacko:

Got her digits?

Let uncle Ed call her.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 15, 2013, 08:01:14 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 14, 2013, 01:36:29 PM
High Intensity Fad.

Meh, athletes have been doing this for years to get stronger in the small amount of time they have between practices.  The fad is related to workouts that are more extreme then these exercises.

:yes:

I did this 7-minute workout yesterday. It was intense but by no means anywhere near as extreme as some workouts I've done. Felt great, though.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on May 15, 2013, 08:23:23 PM
You should have kicked their ass for hitting on your woman.
:sleep:

Specifically, she was asking how often men think about sex and said she heard college guys think about sex at least once every 600 seconds.  As soon as I heard what they were talking about I 'wandered off' into the sparring dojo to practice.

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on May 14, 2013, 10:59:10 AM
The Scientific 7-Minute Workout
Thanks, that'll be useful when I'm travelling.

Taking it easy today, got the local Night Hike tomorrow. It's only 15km, but the girls I'm walking it with are very, very slow, which is somehow more exhausting than doing it at a decent lick of speed :lol: They need more death marches.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Not doing a great deal recently, had bronchitics, yuck nasty stuff, beginning to feel human again; how on earth do smokers put up with 'smoker's cough' for like all of their adult life ?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on May 16, 2013, 05:26:04 AM
Specifically, she was asking how often men think about sex and said she heard college guys think about sex at least once every 600 seconds.

If she took away those two zeros she might have a better understanding of the college male mind.  She is going to go through life thinking men are more thoughtful than they really are.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 16, 2013, 05:26:04 AM
Specifically, she was asking how often men think about sex and said she heard college guys think about sex at least once every 600 seconds.

If she took away those two zeros she might have a better understanding of the college male mind.  She is going to go through life thinking men are more thoughtful than they really are.

Did a little over 40 miles on the folding bike this afternoon, I'm fairly sure I only once thought of sex, as I approached and overtook an nice female arse, it had a woman attached to it too.  :cool:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: PDH on May 15, 2013, 08:23:23 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 15, 2013, 08:22:10 PM
So at karate class tonight, before the teen/adult class started one of the 13-year old girls started asking Princesca questions about sex.  Yeah, that wasn't creepy or anything. :wacko:

You should have kicked their ass for hitting on your woman.

The kid's in karate class, presumably with her teeny friends. That attempted ass-kicking might end in embarassment.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on May 16, 2013, 03:22:50 PM
The kid's in karate class, presumably with her teeny friends. That attempted ass-kicking might end in embarassment.  :D
She is a higher rank than me (I'm an orange belt, she's a blue belt) but I'm pretty sure I can easily take her.  We were doing a wrist grab defense last night and the sensei easily forced her to the ground with it even though he asked her to resist as hard as she could.  He did it on this other dude, Griff, who is about my size and strength level, I think, and could barely get him down.  Griff OTOH is a yellow belt, but I'm pretty sure he could kick the living shit out of me.  My sparring record with him is 2-1 in his favor.

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
She's a little bit odd.  Her brother also comes to class and he makes her look totally normal by comparison though, as he's autistic and is fond of going up to people and speaking utter gibberish but then expecting you to converse with him.

Example:

BUTCH: "School is no place for students."
CAL: "Ummm, ok."
BUTCH:  "It is!  It is!"
CAL:  "It isn't, or it is?"
BUTCH:  "It's no place for students."
CAL: "I disagree."
BUTCH:  "I'm glad I'm not late for karate!"
CAL: "Is a dojo no place for karate students?"
BUTCH: "Why would you say that?"

:wacko:

Caliga

Oh, I forgot to mention that their mother also happens to be Princesca's hairdresser, and always asks how Butch and Rose are doing.  Wonder if she'll mention that conversation at her next appointment. :)

PDH

So I am breaking down and getting a road bike.  I am just doing too much long hauls to not have something that rolls well and climbs better than my old mountain bike.  I am hoping that after I get the swing of this I can start riding closer to 150-170 miles each week, with a couple of 40 mile round trippers in there.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fhdz

Quote from: PDH on May 17, 2013, 09:57:55 AM
So I am breaking down and getting a road bike.  I am just doing too much long hauls to not have something that rolls well and climbs better than my old mountain bike.  I am hoping that after I get the swing of this I can start riding closer to 150-170 miles each week, with a couple of 40 mile round trippers in there.

Awesome! You'll be amazed at how much more efficient on the road an actual road bike is.
and the horse you rode in on