News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on April 25, 2013, 09:12:21 PM
Old yoga women disturb me. There's just something...wrong about them.

50 isn't old--especially if you've taken care of yourself. If you don't agree with me now, I suspect you will as you approach 50.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2013, 08:36:47 PM
You broke the code man.  Definitely hand in your card.  You are out of the club.

Is it the yogalates that puts me over the line, or is yoga alone too much?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Eddie Teach

I don't think that pilates is essentially worse than yoga at all. If anything, it's less objectionable, as it just focuses on the stretches and not the mystical mumbo jumbo.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2013, 08:30:23 AM

50 isn't old--especially if you've taken care of yourself. If you don't agree with me now, I suspect you will as you approach 50.

:D

Too true, as I approach the half way mark I have noticed that more and more.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2013, 09:06:22 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2013, 08:36:47 PM
You broke the code man.  Definitely hand in your card.  You are out of the club.

Is it the yogalates that puts me over the line, or is yoga alone too much?

It is the concept of yoga.  I suppose I am with PDH that if you are there for the women that you want to meet then you have not broken the code.  But if you are there strictly for your own health, that is a club terminating offence.

alfred russel

CC, I will not give you my man card voluntarily, I am putting it down my shirt, and you can't grab it and remain a gentleman.

Plus I will scream rape.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2013, 11:01:01 AM
CC, I will not give you my man card voluntarily, I am putting it down my shirt, and you can't grab it and remain a gentleman.

Plus I will scream rape.

:lol:

PDH

Did the normal route again, still snow in the hills around here...plus I am not in full shape yet for biking, getting there though.  Still, after tomorrow I will have done 160 miles in April of pure roadwork, so that is good.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on April 27, 2013, 04:46:25 PM
Did the normal route again, still snow in the hills around here...plus I am not in full shape yet for biking, getting there though.  Still, after tomorrow I will have done 160 miles in April of pure roadwork, so that is good.

:thumbsup:

How much of that isn't hills.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Well, there are several rises (like in your pics) to cross in the 20 miles there and back, it is (by the definition of this region) flat the whole 20 miles.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Did the ride out and up the hill today - 25 miles round trip, there was still snow up at 8500 feet, but non on the road.  A bit tiring.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

crazy canuck

This thread is making me want to pull the bike out of mothballs.

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2013, 08:30:23 AM

I disagree with you now.  I believe strongly I will disagree with you if I make 50.

Btw, Al, you were so right about my diet.  Fahdiz wasn't.  But you: yes.  I've been eating a lot more protein lately and it's made a significant difference in that I'm actually seeing some advancement, even as I lose weight, albeit at a slower pace than before.

173 bitches.  The rest of you are fucking tubbos. :yeah:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on April 29, 2013, 01:36:47 PM
173 bitches.  The rest of you are fucking tubbos. :yeah:

I remember when I was 173.   I was a bit of a 14 year old bean pole at the time.

Ed Anger

I've now cut my diet soda intake to 1/4th of my usual consumption.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive