News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

I had bronchitis more than a month ago and despite a course of antibiotics I just can't shake off a chesty cough, and I pretty much cough myself awake every half an hour all night. I get out of breath doing the weediest of exercises, and I can feel my arse spreading day by day   :(

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on April 15, 2013, 02:01:12 AM
Joined a gym on Friday, took the bike out for the first time yesterday. All is not lost yet.

:thumbsup:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

20 miles riding again today.  I thought about riding up the last 2.5 miles of hills, but the snow was there at the 10 mile turnaround.  Maybe in a couple of weeks...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on April 20, 2013, 07:12:17 PM
20 miles riding again today.  I thought about riding up the last 2.5 miles of hills, but the snow was there at the 10 mile turnaround.  Maybe in a couple of weeks...

:cool:

Interesting hazard, the only problem I have is stretching my perception of my local area, back to it's usual 'shape'; not doing much for a few months seems to collapse in my view/understanding of what's bikeable/where I can go.

This evening I popped out to a hill fort, nice little 33 mile round-trip, which is probably the furthest West I've been in months, couple of days ago I went north to Salisbury, so I think I'll do the other two points of the compass in the next few days, East into the Forest and South to the sea. 

Then I hope I'll have re-expanded my horizons back to normal, before I then get more ambitious for trips in the rest of Spring and Summer.

crazy canuck

Went for a nice 7-8k lunch time walk along the seawall to Stanely Park.  You guys spending time watching web cams should get out and try the real thing...

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Popped out earlier this evening and did 30 miles around the Forest on my folding bike, got the think up to 30 mph. :)

Brazen

Got some fab new meds which have stopped me coughing. Hoping to get back out running imminently.

crazy canuck

Repeated the walk. Warmer today and more people out and about.  When I walked by the yacht club a little girl pointed at me and said to her mother "look a worker".

Now there are several comments one could make about this remark but I would suggest it is proof positive that the Canadian measure of being in the 1% is meaningless.  :D

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2013, 03:57:57 PM
Repeated the walk. Warmer today and more people out and about.  When I walked by the yacht club a little girl pointed at me and said to her mother "look a worker".

Now there are several comments one could make about this remark but I would suggest it is proof positive that the Canadian measure of being in the 1% is meaningless.  :D

Isn't this a variation on the only the poor walk anywhere ? 

The kid has probably spent her life being chauffeured around in a car, watching a screen in the back of her parents seat. I wonder if one or both parents have made comments that have been filtered through her young brain to come out as "mummy look a worker" ? :unsure:

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2013, 04:24:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2013, 03:57:57 PM

Isn't this a variation on the only the poor walk anywhere ? 

Naw, plenty of people walk around that area - its the sea wall.  But by that point I was far enough away from the downtown area that I was one of the few wearing a suit.

mongers

I ain't getting fitter or younger, it's downhill all the way now.   <_<

jimmy olsen

My weight is basically been the same since I was 21. ^_^
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2013, 06:45:13 PM
I ain't getting fitter or younger, it's downhill all the way now.   <_<

lol, this is at least the third time you changed this post.  What happened?

Liep

This week I've been for a 30km bike ride and a 5km run. That's an improvement of 35 km exercise this year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk