And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 14, 2009, 11:46:37 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 14, 2009, 11:41:38 AM
Archie to wed Veronica? That's retarded, what does the comic have besides the love triangle? Plus, Veronica's a bitch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32414965/ns/today-today_books/

I know. Isn't it weird for High School Students to wed? (Eternal HS students or not) Is Ronnie Preggers? This way he can have an affair with Betty... spice up their relationship while Ronnie deals with Nannies for their evil red headed children.

It's set in the "future"...I bet it'll end up as some kind of what if/dream sequence/etc and they'll end up doing the same thing with Betty a couple of years from now.

QuoteThe Archie Comics Web site shows Archie proposing to Veronica on bended knee on the cover of No. 600, which hits comic book stores Aug. 19. That begins a six-issue story arc that takes place in the future — when the perpetual high schoolers have graduated from college, said Victor Gorelick, editor-in-chief of Archie Comics.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

read and enjoyed the 1st two rebooted  "Ultimate" universe titles... Spidey and Ultimate Avengers. Both were light, fresh and fun. will they last this way? who knows.

I liked that both comics introduced new characters that weren't just regular marvel characters all "edgied up".

Also read Terry Moore's new comic "Echo"... very very good. glad I'm getting in on the ground floor with it.
:p

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 14, 2009, 09:36:55 PM
read and enjoyed the 1st two rebooted  "Ultimate" universe titles... Spidey and Ultimate Avengers. Both were light, fresh and fun. will they last this way? who knows.

I liked that both comics introduced new characters that weren't just regular marvel characters all "edgied up".

Also read Terry Moore's new comic "Echo"... very very good. glad I'm getting in on the ground floor with it.
Wait a minute...  They rebooted the Ultimate Universe, which was itself a reboot of the regular Marvel Universe?

That's fucking retarded.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 09:59:41 PM
Wait a minute...  They rebooted the Ultimate Universe, which was itself a reboot of the regular Marvel Universe?

That's fucking retarded.

Gives me one less comic to buy every month.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Vince

That's fucking retarded.

They had to because Jeph Loeb completely fucked up the Ultimate Universe like he does with every comic he writes.

Neil

Quote from: Vince on August 15, 2009, 07:00:59 AM

That's fucking retarded.

They had to because Jeph Loeb completely fucked up the Ultimate Universe like he does with every comic he writes.
I had sort of stopped following the Ultimate Universe.  What did he do to it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Quote from: Neil on August 15, 2009, 07:10:58 AM

I had sort of stopped following the Ultimate Universe.  What did he do to it?

He wrote Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum.  Both made no sense, were universally hated and considered to have destroyed Ultimate Marvel.  Just imagine the Red Hulk storyline (another of Loeb's disasters) and apply it to an entire universe. 

Neil

BuddhaRhubarb

Loeb's gone now. hopefully forever. I also hate Red Hulk. worst marvel storyline since the early 90's imho.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 15, 2009, 02:00:56 PM
Loeb's gone now. hopefully forever. I also hate Red Hulk. worst marvel storyline since the early 90's imho.
It's amazing really.  Planet Hulk is one of the best things that Marvel has ever done.  World War Hulk was much, much weaker, but not totally worthless.  And then they follow it up with a bunch of garbage with a mysterious, crappy Red Hulk, senselessly beating up random people and depowering Bruce Banner.  It would have been much better to depower Banner at the end of World War Hulk.

Vince

Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2009, 08:52:36 AM
It's amazing really.  Planet Hulk is one of the best things that Marvel has ever done.  World War Hulk was much, much weaker, but not totally worthless.  And then they follow it up with a bunch of garbage with a mysterious, crappy Red Hulk, senselessly beating up random people and depowering Bruce Banner.  It would have been much better to depower Banner at the end of World War Hulk.

Unfortunately Hulk and Ultimatum were consistent top 10 sellers the months they were released.  So while the writing in them is utter garbage as long as it keeps selling that good Marvel won't get rid of Loeb.

Scipio

That's fucking retarded.

THE LONG HALLOWEEN.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2009, 08:52:36 AM

Yeah I assumed that's what was going to happen at the end of WWH. Then they could've had a storyline wherein he has no choice but to get re-hulked for some planet saving reason.

But no we get another color variation instead of a story.

Skippy has a point - Long Halloween was good... but that was ages ago now.

BuddhaRhubarb

Oh I picked up some great TPB bargains the last few days... got 2 Preacher collections... Dixie Fried and the one before it. I forgot how hilarious that series could be. And I don't think I read the last year or two.

also today a friend couldn't unload the 2nd & 3rd Walking Dead Trades at the local used book store ... so I picked those up off him. Yay. I've been buying more comics recently, but all used, or discounted. Those 4 and the origianl Omega The Unknown for under 40$