News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Blekth.  I wanted to go to San Diego Comic Con too.  That's vile.

Read Blackest Night 1 and GL: BLackest Night. Struck me as vaguely Marvel Zombies like. 
PDH!

Syt

Been browsing through bookstores with a friend today. In one I found a collection of DC stories written by Alan Moore for 2.95 EUR:
Across the Universe: The DC Universe Stories of Alan Moore

Don't care much for the DC universe, but for this price I thought I'd take the risk.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

I read Irrideamable 4.  Not bad.  Hope they know where they are going with it.

28 and 29 JSA.  Kinda meh.  I normally like JSA, been reading it off and on for many years.  Hope itpicks up. 

Read one, not sure about the title now, its at home. About some toys that go to war to save their kid from the Boogeyman. I enjoyed it.

Sky Pirates. Not bad.  Not great.  But has some killing.  Some sort of Firefly-esque adventure that probably appeals to the furry sect.
PDH!

BuddhaRhubarb

Some great news outta DC: James Robinson of Starman fame is taking over JLA... the "Cry For Justice mini so far is great. This is My JLA.
:p

Syt

Btw, has anyone read Mouse Guard: Autumn 1152?

At first I thought it was a kids' book, what with anthropomorphic (medieval) mice, but it looked pretty grim and dark throughout. Haven't picked it up yet, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

BuddhaRhubarb

example panel that y'all will like (actually just a crop of a panel: "The Boob of Steel"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on August 07, 2009, 11:35:53 AM

At first I thought it was a kids' book, what with anthropomorphic (medieval) mice, but it looked pretty grim and dark throughout. Haven't picked it up yet, though.
The Anti-Redwall?
PDH!

Syt

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 07, 2009, 12:18:04 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 07, 2009, 11:35:53 AM

The Anti-Redwall?

Kinda looked like it. In the beginning the coastal village is overrun by crabs :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

BuddhaRhubarb

That MouseGuard stuff is supposed to be good. There are a few trades now iirc.

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 27, 2009, 01:06:14 PM
Read Blackest Night 1 and GL: BLackest Night. Struck me as vaguely Marvel Zombies like.
Exactly.  And that's what's pissing me off.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 07, 2009, 11:35:18 AM
Some great news outta DC: James Robinson of Starman fame is taking over JLA... the "Cry For Justice mini so far is great. This is My JLA.
The Golden Age  :worthy:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

BuddhaRhubarb

's what I'm saying.. edit - oops Willingham is shaking up the JSA, too.
These things make me happy. Blackest Night Zombies- not as much.

BuddhaRhubarb

oh in the could be awesome info: Scarlett Johannsen = Black Widow (Natasha obviously) in Iron Man 2... But can she do the gymnastics? I guess that's what CGI is for :sigh:

jimmy olsen

Archie to wed Veronica? That's retarded, what does the comic have besides the love triangle? Plus, Veronica's a bitch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32414965/ns/today-today_books/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 14, 2009, 11:41:38 AM
Archie to wed Veronica? That's retarded, what does the comic have besides the love triangle? Plus, Veronica's a bitch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32414965/ns/today-today_books/

I know. Isn't it weird for High School Students to wed? (Eternal HS students or not) Is Ronnie Preggers? This way he can have an affair with Betty... spice up their relationship while Ronnie deals with Nannies for their evil red headed children.