News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Well, let's hope they don't mess this up. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Well, that's good.  And the series will cover the book from back when it was still good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on March 30, 2010, 06:19:34 AM
Well, that's good.  And the series will cover the book from back when it was still good.

Well, the whole governor arc is pretty unsurpassed, but the ones after that weren't all bad, either. I especially like the continuing evolution of Carl (the son) and what they did with the twins was a rather evil twist. The cannibal arc ... well, that was very meh, but with the new outpost the series should pick up again with new characters being introduced.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

BuddhaRhubarb

Scored some nice bargain bin finds today. HC The Shadow 1941 By Denny O'Neil and MW Kaluta :wub: who so nails The Shadow. 5 bucks. Vietnam Journal "Indian Country" - Don Lomax Vietnam Comics. Great war comix for 2 dollars!. and an Elektra trade from marvel Knights era Bendis/Chuck Austen "The Scorpio Key". Solid stuff, again 4 bucks.
:p

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

That looks much better than the first trailer I saw.  I think the girl they have playing Carol Ferris is retarded or something.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pedrito

Bought a volume witht the first 16 numbers of Sandman, verry nice.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

BuddhaRhubarb

have picked up a few more trades with tax refund money - "Kill Shakespeare" vol 1 which looks interesting but I haven't got to yet, and a collection of Hellblazer, early Jamie Delano stuff, also on the to read pile, also a new copy of "Kingdom Come" to replace the one I loaned out and can't remember who I loaned it to..

BuddhaRhubarb

oh and on the monthly front. JMS @ DC reprort... Superman, going very well... Wonder Woman, not so much, it appears he's going to in the end just retread Alan Moore's Wonder Woman aka Promethea.
Meh Already been done. I'm hoping he'll surprise me and take it a different way, but so far it's just annoying.

BuddhaRhubarb

recently picked up the Complete From Hell for 10 bucks ! slightly damaged, but fixed by me with a knife and a ruler.

annoying news from DC (with an incidental upside for iphone/pad/other tablet/smartphone people) in September they are restarting all their titles at #1 :sigh: How is that cooler than having a comic like Action which is nearing #1000 in a few years... It's not. just another marketing ploy because apparently new readers think that there is some kind of continuity going on? If you want to pick up an ongoing, just start as a new arc is starting. sheesh.

the upside is that all their comics will come out same day in e-formats. All the companies will be following suit (smaller ones likely already have I imagine)

Neil

You know that this is just a temporary thing.  In a year or two, when high numbers come back into vogue (and certainly before Action #1000), they'll switch it back and just count the issues as if they had been numbered properly all along.  They did this a million times during the collector boom.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Must people here have probably seen the Batman alignment sheet, but here's one for Superman I hadn't seen before.

Found here
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=29962
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point