News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

lol yeah those old Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsens etc were some crazy shit. I do approve of Bane trying to kill Bats. That should always be his goal.
:p

jimmy olsen

Atop The Fourth Wall reviews Superman Meets the Quik Bunny!  :lmfao:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/30797-superman-meets-the-quik-bunny
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Well, you edited out some of the mistakes, at least.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 15, 2011, 12:04:10 AM
Atop The Fourth Wall reviews Superman Meets the Quik Bunny!  :lmfao:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/30797-superman-meets-the-quik-bunny

That guy has the same glasses as I do.

EDIT:  Has the the same annoying voice as I do too.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I can't believe I watched that.  It was fucking 30 minutes long!  I may kill Tim in the near future.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 09, 2011, 12:04:40 PM
lol yeah those old Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsens etc were some crazy shit. I do approve of Bane trying to kill Bats. That should always be his goal.

Finally picked up the last issue.

It's adequate.

Hell, it's better than I should have expected, given that it had to be written on the fly, and her plans either abandoned or stuffed into a rushed final chapter.  I imagine any given DC book this month sucks in the exact same fashion, and probably worse (except possibly Johnsie's babies, as they are likelier to suck in their standard manner).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Ideologue on August 15, 2011, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 09, 2011, 12:04:40 PM

Finally picked up the last issue.

It's adequate.

Hell, it's better than I should have expected, given that it had to be written on the fly, and her plans either abandoned or stuffed into a rushed final chapter.  I imagine any given DC book this month sucks in the exact same fashion, and probably worse (except possibly Johnsie's babies, as they are likelier to suck in their standard manner).

ya I read a few this month and they all pretty much seem rushed, and well, they are all pointless as the reboot starts Aug 31.
:p

Neil

Yep.  DC is going to be totally worthless for probably the next year or two at least.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I see that Marvel offers an online subscription for their comics, for 60$/year.

Offer seems to include the current series, plus many old ones. Considering I'm not really up to date with any of the series and am too lazy to go to a local comic book store this seems like a good offer?

(DC probably has something similar, but I like the Marvel heroes overall better than the DC ones.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

It sounds like a decent deal.  I've just really not been terribly into anything they've done in the past five or so years though.

I wish DC would do it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Well, I did most my reading in the mid-80s (X-Men, Spiderman, Punisher, mainly), so I have a lot of catching up to do.

About DC . . . I liked Lobo, I liked some Batman, some Green Lantern, didn't like Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

I recently started reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadstar, a 1980s sci-fi comic that a friend of mine raved about. Has anyone here read it? Any comments?

Neil

Never read it, although I've generally liked Starlin's work.  Word is that he went a little crazy during the Bush years.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on August 19, 2011, 05:06:37 AM
It sounds like a decent deal.  I've just really not been terribly into anything they've done in the past five or so years though.

I wish DC would do it.
Well, when you consider that DC is about to drive off a cliff, that's not so good after all.