News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

BuddhaRhubarb

cool.

Liking how the recent Nova & Guardians of the Galaxy storylines have deftly weaved into the next story line. Magus is back. No Astro Fro Tho' :(

I'm liking the new Power Girl Series. it's got a goofy Blue Beetle-esque quality that I find charming. Plus Les Boobs Of Steel. It's harmless fun.... nice break from all the angst running through DC still despite all the supposed internet backlash. :p

I'm tired of Superman being Ultimate Superman or whatever he is now. The same goes for any of DC's now "gritty-er" characters. DC does archetypes, they should stick with that... play with that. Rip off Alan Moore, not Garth Ennis. kthxbyeDC :nerd:
:p

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Well, that's pretty much the end of Marvel Comics then.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 10:16:35 AM
Disney is buying Marvel.  :mad:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32626135/ns/business-media_biz/

:bleeding: Like Neil says that's the end of Marvel, at least as a cool thing. Once Disney taints you it's all over.
:p

Neil

This will only exacerbate the trend in comics towards unoriginal retreads of storylines and characters from the 70s, 80s and 90s.  The once proud superhero medium is falling apart.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

I eagerly await the announcement of a Red Hulk/Mickey Mouse team-up miniseries. 

Neil

Quote from: Vince on August 31, 2009, 02:33:44 PM
I eagerly await the announcement of a Red Hulk/Mickey Mouse team-up miniseries.
Janet Van Dyne's code name will become 'Tinkerbell'.  Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde and Mary Jane Parker will become Disney Princesses.

Sophie Scholl

Man, stock price is up nice on the day.  I told my pops to buy into Marvel when it was $4 and change a share.  Sucker sold when it hit 13.  Dumbass.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

citizen k

QuoteV for Vendetta' teen faces disorderly charge
Fri Oct 16, 7:57 pm ET

AYER, Mass. – Police said an 18-year-old man faces a charge of disorderly conduct for donning a mask like in the movie "V for Vendetta" to terrorize residents of central Massachusetts towns of Ayer and Groton.

The Sentinel and Enterprise of Fitchburg reported Friday that the "V" sightings began Sept. 30 when a group of teenagers began wearing the masks to scare one another.

But one teen got carried away and began peering into residents' windows. Groton police assisted in the probe following a similar report from Shaw's supermarket.

Police did not identify the main suspect they said was not arrested but will face a charge of disorderly conduct for scaring and alarming his neighbors.

"V for Vendetta" was adapted from a graphic novel about a masked freedom fighter battling British fascism in the near future.

Hansmeister

I just got back from Germany where I bought Prinz Eisenherz (Prince Valiant) books 6-9.  It's my favourite comic book series.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Read some of the latest Marvel Zombies.  That first issue with Spiderman was hilarious. 

Blackest Night is kinda blah. 

Read the latest Buffy's.  Already Joss Whedon is gearing up for one of his in your face unhappy endings. Word.
PDH!

katmai

QuoteAMC makes room for "Walking Dead"
By Nellie Andreeva Mon Mar 29, 8:26 PM PDT

"The Walking Dead," based on Robert Kirkman's popular graphic novels, will become AMC's newest original series.

The cable network, which acquired the rights to the books in August after a bidding war, has ordered six episodes of "Dead."

Frank Darabont ("The Shawshank Redemption," "The Green Mile") is writing and directing the show..

The series is set to premiere in October during AMC's Fearfest, the network's annual marathon of thriller and horror films.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien