News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The war on men

Started by garbon, November 26, 2012, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 27, 2012, 01:06:16 AM
In all seriousness, can we get a round of applause for DGuller?  One of the most consistently funny posters we have.  I think his forum rep as a debater leads people to his miss or misinterpret his good one-liners, which are uncommonly frequent.

He's definitely one of my favourite posters here :cheers:

dps

Quote from: merithyn on November 26, 2012, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 04:56:05 PM

Just go on forums where there are a lot of young men around. Let your mind be blown on the number of young boys and young men feel exactly like that - and how pathetic the help is.

Women are not the only one afraid of being used and have their feelings hurt when they commit.

That is a very different experience than I've had. Most of the young men that I know don't really care how many men their girls have been with before so long as when she commits to him, that's where her heart stays. Having been with multiple partners does not mean that she's going to walk out faster than a woman who was a virgin when you met her, and most intelligent young men know this, just as most intelligent young women know the same when it comes to men.

Well, first of all, the information posted by Legbiter would seem to indicate that what they "know" is incorrect.  Beyond that, though, you're not taking into account that there is often a difference between what one know intellectually and how one feels emotionally.

Martinus

Ok, derspiess and Drakken, I gotta ask this, considering your high standards. I saw your pictures and you are fat and ugly. What do you do? Fuck ugly too? Or just go for the very insecure? Honest question.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on November 27, 2012, 02:08:07 AM
Ok, derspiess and Drakken, I gotta ask this, considering your high standards. I saw your pictures and you are fat and ugly. What do you do? Fuck ugly too? Or just go for the very insecure? Honest question.

You fags might not be able to comprehend this bit, but chicks don't seem to value looks as much and men and homosexuals.   :rolleyes:

except when they are ovulating of course...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 04:50:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 04:43:41 PM
A slutty woman is more likely to cheat.  You're more likely to run into some guy she did circus acts with (awkward!), and I wouldn't want a woman of loose morals raising my kids. 

Well I guess it has to do with our differing sense of honor here.  If she was a slut with integrity, never cheated never stole somebody else's man, she just had sex with available people when she was young when anybody would be sewing their oats then I fail to see anything at all immoral about that.  A cheater is more likely to cheat, a person with integrity will not.

Yeah, I find their theory rather bizarre. Unless someone is a sex addict, I would say that a person who actually went through a "slutty phase" is more likely to settle down into a stable relationship than a prude who could be simply a late bloomer.

I know it can be a confidence issue for the guy, but this speaks more about his own emotional problems than the woman's general desirability.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on November 27, 2012, 02:12:12 AM

You fags might not be able to comprehend this bit, but chicks don't seem to value looks as much and men and homosexuals.   :rolleyes:

Ok but they need to go for something, right? I mean, it's not that they do not pay attention to obesity and ugliness, and instead go for unsuccessful assholes, right? :P

Martinus

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 05:31:23 PMI find it funny, on how every time you and I disagree ultimately on something gender-related, in the end you use psycho-babbling as a thinly-veiled ad hominem attack to rob yourself.

I may be wrong, but I think it is a generally accepted opinion on Languish that you are a loser asshole with huuuuuuuge issues when it comes to relationships with women. So merri could be subconsciously tapping into that.

Jaron

Marcinek strikes again! ^_^
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on November 26, 2012, 07:37:19 PM
OK, I've changed my mind, I'll throw my hat in the ring and say this;

IMHO there are some significant differences, the only one I've detected is a tendency for men to marry/go after based on the 'psychology' of the women, women tend to vote for the mans career/social status.  :unsure:

You shouldn't have said anything as this is stupid. Both parties go for psychology. It's just that, since most of us do not conduct a scientific psychological study of our potential partner, we judge desirable psychological traits by external events from their life - whether it is past sexual conduct or past professional/academic conduct.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on November 27, 2012, 12:15:09 AM
For what it's worth, what little this topic has come up in my real life, the guys I know who wouldn't date "sluts" said their views are in line with derspiess in that it's an overall "ick factor" rather than a fear of comparison to other men. Haven't talked about it at length with any of my friends, so I don't know specifically what the ick is, but that's the general theme the few times it was mentioned at all (usually when talking about someone else girlfriend and or someone who hit on one of my friends).

Well, in psychology, the "ick factor" is almost never a stand-alone phenomenon but it is usually a smoke screen for other issues, some of them legitimate and some quite dysfunctional.

Not to mention that a self-admission is usually not a reliable source when dealing with someone's psychological issues (except when preceded by lengthy therapy). I'm sure if you asked most mental institution patients, they would also tell you they are sane and they were really visited by aliens or are Napoleons.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on November 27, 2012, 02:17:08 AM

Ok but they need to go for something, right? I mean, it's not that they do not pay attention to obesity and ugliness, and instead go for unsuccessful assholes, right? :P

No, they go for social and economic traits. Basically good provider and good father. All things being equal they will go for the guy looking like brad pitt rather than the guy looking like me.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on November 27, 2012, 02:35:54 AM

No, they go for social and economic traits. Basically good provider and good father. All things being equal they will go for the guy looking like brad pitt rather than the guy looking like me.

We are still talking about derspiess and Drakken, though.  :hmm:

Josquius

i remember when i saw boris johnson back when he was shadow higher ed secretary he talked at length about this problem.
i dont get it, succesful men have been marrying beautiful idiots since forever. why cant women?
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Yes, which is what Marty failed to comprehend in my post he rubbished.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 27, 2012, 08:01:20 AM

Yes, which is what Marty failed to comprehend in my post he rubbished.

Except that it isn't that simple. Lots of people have different preferences as well as an inability to actually garner the attention of someone that looks like Brad Pitt.  While it can be fun to create your own simple narrative and hypothesis based on your anecdotal life experience - don't expect it to be particularly instructive for the rest of us.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.