Main Menu

The war on men

Started by garbon, November 26, 2012, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2012, 09:52:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 27, 2012, 02:37:25 AM
We are still talking about derspiess and Drakken, though.  :hmm:

I'd go easy on the ugly accusations-- I've seen pics of you as well.

He's not that bad, just kinda bland.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on November 27, 2012, 02:08:07 AM
Ok, derspiess and Drakken, I gotta ask this, considering your high standards. I saw your pictures and you are fat and ugly. What do you do? Fuck ugly too? Or just go for the very insecure? Honest question.

I haven't seen pics of Drakken, but I have seen pics of derspiess and I don't remember him being ugly or that fat. :unsure:

This may be a gay man thing, though. I generally don't have nearly as high a standard as my gay men friends. You all like them rail thin and model pretty. Totally not my taste at all.  :yuk:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 09:58:04 AM

I think you're being generous.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on November 27, 2012, 09:58:34 AM
You all like them rail thin and model pretty.

Thanks for adding your own heap of generalizations to this thread. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2012, 09:59:23 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 09:58:04 AM

I think you're being generous.

Nope. He's not really ugly by any relevant yardstick.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 09:59:33 AM
Quote from: merithyn on November 27, 2012, 09:58:34 AM
You all like them rail thin and model pretty.

Thanks for adding your own heap of generalizations to this thread. ;)

It only seems fair that I get to, too. :sleep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 09:57:37 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 27, 2012, 09:44:56 AM
I'm bored playing your game, if you re-read my original post you'd notice I specifically included these qualifiers "tendency" and "tends", you do know what role a qualifier plays in a statement ?

So instead, you and Marti come out with bitchy responses ignoring the shades of grey in my post and treat it as some black and white statement. Do you really want to be judged by the company you keep ?
Because I'm about to permanently chuck you in the 'whiny-arsed, bitchy internet troll' category and henceforth ignore your posts directed at me

If however you wished to be treated as an adult poster, then if you refrain from the personal attacks, I'm more than happy to converse with you, as I regard you as an interesting poster who has a lot to contribute here, it's your choice, ie interact with or bitch at.

If you are going to fall back on your qualifiers then what was the point of your or Viking's posts? I suppose you can hedge any narrative enough to make it seem viable but what is the point?  My point is that the simplistic narrative that comes from you too isn't illuminating and has little actual value.  Do you disagree?

Also, kind of odd that you'd lecture me about personal attacks (that I didn't make) while attacking me. :D

You're tendency (it's that qualify again, not what role it plays in the sentence) to bitchiness seems to be so ingrained it now goes unnoticed by you.

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 08:21:40 AM

Except that it isn't that simple. Lots of people have different preferences as well as an inability to actually garner the attention of someone that looks like Brad Pitt.  While it can be fun to create your own simple narrative and hypothesis based on your anecdotal life experience - don't expect it to be particularly instructive for the rest of us.

And I entirely stand by my original post, with all of it's qualifiers.  ;)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 10:00:17 AM
Nope. He's not really ugly by any relevant yardstick.

Then I suppose I'm not in any better position to evaluate his attractiveness to men as he is mine to women.  Which btw I'm not saying I'm attractive by any means, but I think I've done okay for myself over the years.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 27, 2012, 10:08:36 AM
You're tendency (it's that qualify again, not what role it plays in the sentence) to bitchiness seems to be so ingrained it now goes unnoticed by you.

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 08:21:40 AM

Except that it isn't that simple. Lots of people have different preferences as well as an inability to actually garner the attention of someone that looks like Brad Pitt.  While it can be fun to create your own simple narrative and hypothesis based on your anecdotal life experience - don't expect it to be particularly instructive for the rest of us.

And I entirely stand by my original post, with all of it's qualifiers.  ;)

It was a simple narrative and it is informed by your anecdotal life experience. :mellow:

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2012, 10:10:41 AM
Then I suppose I'm not in any better position to evaluate his attractiveness to men as he is mine to women.  Which btw I'm not saying I'm attractive by any means, but I think I've done okay for myself over the years.

That's the great thing about being a hetero man - we can be unattractive and still get plenty of action. Thankfully.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 27, 2012, 10:14:28 AM

That's the great thing about being a hetero man - we can be unattractive and still get plenty of action. Thankfully.  :D

I think that applies to everyone. Someone in this thread pointed out in the slut discussion that even ugly women can get laid. Most gays can get laid as well. I suppose I can't speak about lesbians but yeah, doesn't seem like a differential point for hetero men. :P

Valmy

Yeah because hetero women cannot find anybody to have sex with them if they are ugly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 27, 2012, 10:18:05 AM

Yeah because hetero women cannot find anybody to have sex with them if they are ugly.

They have a lot less ability to pick & choose.  I think Malthus's point (it was my point at least) was that you can be a below-average looking guy and still get with above-average looking girls. 

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 10:17:42 AM

I think that applies to everyone. Someone in this thread pointed out in the slut discussion that even ugly women can get laid. Most gays can get laid as well. I suppose I can't speak about lesbians but yeah, doesn't seem like a differential point for hetero men. :P

Well sure. My anecdotal impression (sorry no scientific studies  :D) is that men, gay or not, tend in general to value physical appearance in a partner more than other qualities, at least moreso than (hetero) women.

Doesn't prevent unattractive women or gays from getting laid, just means that, in terms of dating, the "commodities" they offer in other areas have to be more substantial to get the same result.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2012, 10:23:40 AM
They have a lot less ability to pick & choose.  I think Malthus's point (it was my point at least) was that you can be a below-average looking guy and still get with above-average looking girls.

Yup.