20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Martinus' salary will probably blow most of us out of the water. 

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on July 25, 2012, 09:14:32 AM
Martinus' salary will probably blow most of us out of the water. 

In what way? That we would find it amazing? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2012, 08:20:46 AM
I would be very surprised if Marty wasn't in the Polish 1%.

Top 1% for income?  Sure.

Top 1% for wealth?  I have my doubts.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2012, 09:15:56 AM

What's his competition?  They started from scratch in 89.  There are no Vanderbilts or Rockefellers in Poland.

katmai

Well of course not, those aren't Polish names.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: szmik on July 25, 2012, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 07:35:17 AM
I'm definitely in top 1% of Poles when it comes to person wealth.
:lmfao:

you're merely doing good, compared to most Poles, but 1%? Who the fuck are you? Ryszard Krauze?  :D

Krauze is in 0.000001% of Poles. You know that 1% is a lot of people, right? You are talking about someone who is on the list of 100 richest Poles. Unless, there are only 10,000 Poles in total, it takes much much less money to be in 1% of wealthiest Poles, you know.

Admiral Yi

To continue, no dot.com billionaires, no (or at least not many) filthy rich fodbolistas, no famous movie actors, no oligarchs who cheated a privatization scheme, not much of anything.

Although as a side note, dot.com is a little redundant, isn't it?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2012, 09:17:57 AM

What's his competition?  They started from scratch in 89.  There are no Vanderbilts or Rockefellers in Poland.

But they didn't start from scratch.  I understand it wasn't as bad as Russia, but numerous former government functionaries made out very well in the years following '89.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2012, 09:29:16 AM
Although as a side note, dot.com is a little redundant, isn't it?

Well not if you stick to forms like "dot com" or "dot-com".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Apparently, there are 100,000 Poles who own more than 1 million zloty (app. $300,000) worth of assets and cash. With Polish populace being in the ballpark of 30,000,000 I think it can be safely said (even if you discount kids and the like) that if you own that amount you are in the 1% of richest Poles.

My net equity is worth that much (or more if you also count stuff I get to inherit from my parents and I'm the only child).

Martinus

Why are you assuming that my parents won't be leaving me anything? I am helping them as they do not have income, but they own a large house with a garden near Warsaw and a collection of antique cars. One of the cars there alone is worth about 1 million zloty.

Martinus

Quote from: Gups on July 25, 2012, 10:21:21 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 10:16:55 AM
I'm the only child

Go figure

Yeah, I had responsible parents who were educated enough to use a condom. Not sure if that's understandeable in your cultural circles. :)

Razgovory

Maybe after the results of the first attempt they simply didn't think it would be worth it to try again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 10:18:08 AM

Why are you assuming that my parents won't be leaving me anything? I am helping them as they do not have income, but they own a large house with a garden near Warsaw and a collection of antique cars. One of the cars there alone is worth about 1 million zloty.

I'm not sure how it makes sense to include expected future wealth in one's net worth.