20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2012, 10:25:15 AM
Maybe after the results of the fist attempt they simply didn't think it would be worth it to try again.
:pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :XD: :lmfao:

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 10:28:09 AM
I'm not sure how it makes sense to include expected future wealth in one's net worth.
It actually makes a lot of sense, but given subjective nature of such evaluations, it's usually not done.

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 10:18:08 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2012, 09:15:56 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2012, 08:20:46 AM
I would be very surprised if Marty wasn't in the Polish 1%.

Top 1% for income?  Sure.

Top 1% for wealth?  I have my doubts.

Why are you assuming that my parents won't be leaving me anything? I am helping them as they do not have income, but they own a large house with a garden near Warsaw and a collection of antique cars. One of the cars there alone is worth about 1 million zloty.

I'm not sure how it makes sense to include expected future wealth in one's net worth.

I am not. But Barrister's point seems to be that unlike a lot of other people I started from scratch and as a result would not be in the top 1%. I haven't started from scratch.

szmik

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 09:24:15 AM
Quote from: szmik on July 25, 2012, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 07:35:17 AM
I'm definitely in top 1% of Poles when it comes to person wealth.
:lmfao:

you're merely doing good, compared to most Poles, but 1%? Who the fuck are you? Ryszard Krauze?  :D

Krauze is in 0.000001% of Poles. You know that 1% is a lot of people, right? You are talking about someone who is on the list of 100 richest Poles. Unless, there are only 10,000 Poles in total, it takes much much less money to be in 1% of wealthiest Poles, you know.

oh, well, 1% is around 370k people, and I still doubt you're there.

Most people are poor, but hell, I live in small town (under 40k) and if you take local council, each member is much, much wealthier than you, and owning his/her profitable business. Now there're businessmen who don't give shit about going into politics and there's couple dozens around here, including high level managers. And there're other small towns like that you don't give a shit about, but they exist.
Not to mention bigger cities and Warsaw. Hell, I'd say you're not even in 1% of Warsaw wealthiest citizens.

So I seriously doubt you're in 1% taking whole country. But it's fun to have delusions like that.  :nelson:
Now if you owned a business, that might be different story. As long as you're just hired you won't ever get to 1%. Unless you're top consultant and have the freedom to choose your jobs.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Martinus

Quote from: szmik on July 25, 2012, 10:31:03 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 09:24:15 AM
Quote from: szmik on July 25, 2012, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 07:35:17 AM
I'm definitely in top 1% of Poles when it comes to person wealth.
:lmfao:

you're merely doing good, compared to most Poles, but 1%? Who the fuck are you? Ryszard Krauze?  :D

Krauze is in 0.000001% of Poles. You know that 1% is a lot of people, right? You are talking about someone who is on the list of 100 richest Poles. Unless, there are only 10,000 Poles in total, it takes much much less money to be in 1% of wealthiest Poles, you know.

oh, well, 1% is around 370k people, and I still doubt you're there.

Most people are poor, but hell, I live in small town (under 40k) and if you take local council, each member is much, much wealthier than you, and owning his/her profitable business. Now there're businessmen who don't give shit about going into politics and there's couple dozens around here, including high level managers. And there're other small towns like that you don't give a shit about, but they exist.
Not to mention bigger cities and Warsaw. Hell, I'd say you're not even in 1% of Warsaw wealthiest citizens.

So I seriously doubt you're in 1% taking whole country. But it's fun to have delusions like that.  :nelson:
Now if you owned a business, that might be different story. As long as you're just hired you won't ever get to 1%. Unless you're top consultant and have the freedom to choose your jobs.

How much do you think/know I earn per month?

Razgovory

What Marty doesn't understand is that the point of aristocracy is that you are aren't supposed to work for your money.  To do so is dishonorable. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2012, 10:33:26 AM
What Marty doesn't understand is that the point of aristocracy is that you are aren't supposed to work for your money.  To do so is dishonorable.

Tell this to families like Romneys or Bushes.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 25, 2012, 10:29:37 AM
It actually makes a lot of sense, but given subjective nature of such evaluations, it's usually not done.

Not really. I mean unless they are facing imminent death - there's variability there. Not as much as if I were to say talk about my net-worth at the end of this year based on what I expect to get from my salary - but still seems sizable enough that there's not much value in talking about such.  And a weird way of catapulting oneself into a particular wealth category.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 10:30:37 AM
I am not. But Barrister's point seems to be that unlike a lot of other people I started from scratch and as a result would not be in the top 1%. I haven't started from scratch.

Of course you didn't start from scratch - but what your parents may gave you has little to do with whether you are in the top 1% in terms of wealth right now (whether you are or are not is immaterial to my point).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 10:38:58 AM

Of course you didn't start from scratch - but what your parents may gave you has little to do with whether you are in the top 1% in terms of wealth right now (whether you are or are not is immaterial to my point).

Well but they have already helped me, e.g. with my first flat (which is now fully mine, with no mortgage and worth around half a million zloty) etc.

garbon

As long as you're just hired you won't ever get to 1%. Unless you're top consultant and have the freedom to choose your jobs.

That's flat out false on top 1% in terms of income. Though of course, if you are making such a large amount, you tend to have options on where you choose to work. ;)

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 10:39:51 AM

Well but they have already helped me, e.g. with my first flat (which is now fully mine, with no mortgage and worth around half a million zloty) etc.

That's all well and good but I don't see how that relates to the post of BB's that you quoted. His post states that he doubts you are in the top 1% in terms of wealth.  What your parents did or didn't do doesn't really say much to that.

DGuller

Even?  Are you saying that it's easier to be in the 1% of Warsaw than it is to be in the 1% of Poland?

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 10:42:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 10:39:51 AM

That's all well and good but I don't see how that relates to the post of BB's that you quoted. His post states that he doubts you are in the top 1% in terms of wealth.  What your parents did or didn't do doesn't really say much to that.
Well his implied point was that I could not be in top 1% in terms of wealth since the people who are did not start from scratch. Since I got something from my parents already, that belies his point. Is this so hard to understand?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on July 25, 2012, 10:42:51 AM
Even?  Are you saying that it's easier to be in the 1% of Warsaw than it is to be in the 1% of Poland?

Yeah he is funny like that. I didn't even want to address every absurdity in his post like you guys are doing right now.