20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

:bleeding:
QuoteAttorney Don Karpel told TMZ that the suit will allege that the Century 16 theater, which is owned by Cinemark, was negligent for not having the exit door guarded or equipped with an alarm that would sound when it opened. (Holmes reportedly left the theater via the exit door, propped it open, and reentered with his weapons.) The suit also targets Warner Brothers, blaming their movie's violence for inspiring Holmes. Also named in the suit: suspect James Holmes' doctors, if they exist, for hypothetically not monitoring his hypothetical mental condition adequately.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on July 24, 2012, 02:55:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2012, 02:54:39 PM
Wealth does not equal aristocracy.
In the modern world of rampant capitalism it does.
You're not in their class.  Sure, you do alright, but you're not rich.

All these pretentions of yours are even sadder than that one guy who is always having dinner with the ambassador.  You're hired help, and nothing more.  And you're not even part of Western civilization, no matter how many Apple products your buy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 24, 2012, 10:53:42 PM
You're not in their class.  Sure, you do alright, but you're not rich.

All these pretentions of yours are even sadder than that one guy who is always having dinner with the ambassador.  You're hired help, and nothing more.  And you're not even part of Western civilization, no matter how many Apple products your buy.

For once Neil is absolutely right.

Marty, I don't begrudge you the success you've had.  Good on you!

But when you hobnob with your clients, you realize they're on a whole different world.  You are just the hired help.  And while your boss might complain if you suddenly vanished, but soon enough your files would be distributed amongst other lawyers and life would go on.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Well, Poland did have quite a large "aristocracy" in medieval times, he'd hardly have to be a 1%er to qualify.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

While Martinus is not in the same class as most business tycoons, he is certainly a class above most office workers. 

Darth Wagtaros

No, no it does not. Don't say this again.
PDH!

Martinus

I'm definitely in top 1% of Poles when it comes to person wealth.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 07:35:17 AM
Yeah, but globalization means that you can be a big deal in some tiny country, but still totally irrelevant.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

This reminds me of that scene in Eurotrip when the characters wind up in Eastern Europe.
PDH!

szmik

:lmfao:

you're merely doing good, compared to most Poles, but 1%? Who the fuck are you? Ryszard Krauze?  :D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Admiral Yi

I would be very surprised if Marty wasn't in the Polish 1%. 

HisMajestyBOB

Fuck, I'm probably in the Polish 1%, along with most of Languish.
Including our unemployed.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help