Ohio boy hospitalized after 4-day Xbox marathon

Started by garbon, August 08, 2012, 11:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm torn about how things will be should I have kids.
On the one hand denying them consoles clearly seems the best option. They do fuck up development.
On the other....daddy wants his toys. :(
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

QuoteThey do fuck up development

My nephews grew up with Genesis/3D0/PS1 and with xbox and they turned out fine. My goddaughter played PC games and she turned out fine.

Just limit the stuff to an hour.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Not sure if calling a 15 y.o. "boy" is appropriate. This is a teenager. When I read the thread title, I picture a 6 y.o. or something.

Especially as, in all likelihood, a 15 y.o. who plays X-box for 4 days in a row has probably a body of katmai proportions.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2012, 07:32:59 AM

My nephews grew up with Genesis/3D0/PS1 and with xbox and they turned out fine. My goddaughter played PC games and she turned out fine.

Indeed it has little to do with the video games and much to do with the parent who was neglectful / inspired no impulse control in their child. My mother would have beat my ass had I tried to pull such a stunt.

Sad...to see the Tyrs of the world get suckered by the media portrayal.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 07:45:25 AM

Indeed it has little to do with the video games and much to do with the parent who was neglectful / inspired no impulse control in their child. My mother would have beat my ass had I tried to pull such a stunt.

Again, the "child" is 15 y.o. Even in Poland, which is quite lenient/liberal in this, this is the age one could be criminally liable - i.e. the society assumes that the person of that age is capable of telling right from wrong and directing one's actions in a manner that does not make parents fully responsible.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2012, 07:33:44 AM
Not sure if calling a 15 y.o. "boy" is appropriate. This is a teenager. When I read the thread title, I picture a 6 y.o. or something.

Especially as, in all likelihood, a 15 y.o. who plays X-box for 4 days in a row has probably a body of katmai proportions.

I'm not sure why we're interested in a Polish lawyer's misunderstanding of a headline from a news blog.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2012, 07:51:28 AM
Again, the "child" is 15 y.o. Even in Poland, which is quite lenient/liberal in this, this is the age one could be criminally liable - i.e. the society assumes that the person of that age is capable of telling right from wrong and directing one's actions in a manner that does not make parents fully responsible.

Yes because this behavior probably manifested out of nowhere.  Witness what they have of the mother. She was ready to take decisive action once her kid hospitalized himself but  didn't have enough foresight to stop it before or during?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2012, 07:51:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 07:45:25 AM

That still not a reason to not go & scowl the kid after the 10th time you call that dinner was ready.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 07:52:12 AM

I'm not sure why we're interested in a Polish lawyer's misunderstanding of a headline from a news blog.

Because he's much more interested in the concept of fucking a hospitalized 15 year old than a hospitalized 6 year old?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2012, 08:19:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 07:52:12 AM

Because he's much more interested in the concept of fucking a hospitalized 15 year old than a hospitalized 6 year old?

Okay, fair. -_-