20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Where have we gone from a loner fuck mass killing in a Batman premiere to the size of Martinus' bank account, already?

Malthus

Quote from: Drakken on July 25, 2012, 12:17:19 PM
Where have we gone from a loner fuck mass killing in a Batman premiere to the size of Martinus' bank account, already?

Should the latter ever be depleted, the risk of the former would increase.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Let's remember that even though Marti is in the top 1% of Polish people (by wealth, not by worthiness), he's still not a Westerner.  By arguing about this, you're playing into his hands.  Whenever he tries to bring up that he's got more money than most of his countrymen, a bright line must be drawn.  He needs to know that the wealthiest Pole is no more a civilized person than the wealthiest gila lizard.  Russian trash with a few coins to rub together is still Russian trash.  Wealth isn't as important as proper behavior and ethnicity, and even the white trash who air their dirty laundry on Facebook are still better, more civilized people than him.

Don't give in to arguing on his terms.  Remember what this is all about.  It's not about him wanting to show that he's wealthier than Polish people.  The whole point of this exercise is to try and trick you into thinking that he's your equal, or even your better.  He's not.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2012, 01:28:59 PM
The whole point of this exercise is to try and trick you into thinking that he's your equal, or even your better.  He's not.

Is anyone tricked by that? I mean he has the vulgarity to go flaunting about his money. How sad is that?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 01:33:21 PM
The whole point of this exercise is to try and trick you into thinking that he's your equal, or even your better.  He's not.

Is anyone tricked by that? I mean he has the vulgarity to go flaunting about his money. How sad is that?

I find that terribly amusing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2012, 02:06:16 PM

Yes. Then again you're nuts.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2012, 02:06:16 PM
Yes. Then again you're nuts.
So are you.  Just because you and a few friends made a political stink doesn't mean that homosexuality is any less of a mental illness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

From my point of view, I am like a serf.  Martinus may not be a duke or even an earl.  But he is at least a knight. 

Queequeg

This thread should be locked and deleted.  And burnt.  And then bombarded from outer space.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on July 25, 2012, 06:04:54 PM
This thread should be locked and deleted.  And burnt.  And then bombarded from outer space.

Why?  What did I do now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on July 25, 2012, 12:17:19 PM

Surprised it took as long as it did, actually.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on July 25, 2012, 05:55:50 PM
From my point of view, I am like a serf.  Martinus may not be a duke or even an earl.  But he is at least a knight.

You're more like a steward.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Moviegoers notice gun permit-holder with holster sitting in the theater. They call the police. The police arrive and frisk everybody. They threaten the permit-holder with death and arrest him.

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-new-haven-gun-incident-0808-2-20120807,0,5258663.story

Brazen

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Phillip V on August 08, 2012, 08:50:41 AM
Moviegoers notice gun permit-holder with holster sitting in the theater. They call the police. The police arrive and frisk everybody. They threaten the permit-holder with death and arrest him.

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-new-haven-gun-incident-0808-2-20120807,0,5258663.story

Competent performance from the New Haven PD - that is news.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson