News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Don't I have defense rolls, since I have a fleet in port?

Tamas

Rome doesnt have one.

Also, according to the CB module I have now 18VPs

Drakken

Thankfully, I gave you the suckiest card of my hand. Have fun with it.

Tamas

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2012, 11:23:03 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 11:14:38 AM
When did someone give a card when they had more treasures?

IDK, but Berkut thought he cant hand out treasures to european piracy. And it is regardless of how many treasures you have - each treasure counts as one "card" when you draw a "card" at random from a hand.

You need to read further.  Under section 6, it's made clear that a mixed hand of cards and treasures loses the one that's the highest amount in their hand.  It's the sentence right after the ones you quoted...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 11:33:48 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2012, 11:23:03 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 11:14:38 AM
When did someone give a card when they had more treasures?

IDK, but Berkut thought he cant hand out treasures to european piracy. And it is regardless of how many treasures you have - each treasure counts as one "card" when you draw a "card" at random from a hand.

You need to read further.  Under section 6, it's made clear that a mixed hand of cards and treasures loses the one that's the highest amount in their hand.  It's the sentence right after the ones you quoted...

you can be so annoying...  :mad:

:P

Drakken

Since I don't know when Berkut's gonna play, and the Piracy thing has been resolved...

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#15: 2 / Storms [RESPONSE]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Force a Navigation Roll on Drake.

Sadly, Drakes survives uninjured. :(

Berkut

Sometimes, you just have to realize that you are fucked, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I vote we concede the game to Rich. It is clearly just meant to be.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Spanish turn:

Spend 4 CPs for English Catholic Rebellion. I get 12 dice, England gets 5. Seems like pretty good odds.

I lose 1-0. All Spanish operatives in England are lost.

Extend with a treasure, build a couple patrols in the Spanish Main, not that it will matter, Drake will hit on 3 dice and take no losses anyway.

0 rows returned

Berkut

My remaining card is 2/Muscovy Company

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2012, 11:07:42 PM
Sometimes, you just have to realize that you are fucked, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I vote we concede the game to Rich. It is clearly just meant to be.

Normally I might agree with that - but you have been on whiny tirade this whole turn. What's that about?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

He has thrown his hands in the air and waved them like he just doesn't care.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

But then he should be happy and partying!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2012, 11:08:56 PM
Spanish turn:

Spend 4 CPs for English Catholic Rebellion. I get 12 dice, England gets 5. Seems like pretty good odds.

I lose 1-0. All Spanish operatives in England are lost.

Extend with a treasure, build a couple patrols in the Spanish Main, not that it will matter, Drake will hit on 3 dice and take no losses anyway.

COME ON!

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 11:33:27 PM
He has thrown his hands in the air and waved them like he just doesn't care.

I vote Nay, for reasons I won't divulge.  :secret: