News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

It seems like both Garbon and Drakken ignored the Spanish file--Berkut's was #18 and has all the agent removals and such.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I used Drak's file. Not sure how that's my fault. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Well then, just put my wannabee-painter Arcimboldo on the 4CP tab and let's move on.

Tamas

#108: 2 / English Recusants

Message from Ottoman:
Spain takes 6 Catholic conversion attempts that can affect spaces in England and/or Scotland. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly.

Berkut

I have no idea what file I should have loaded now. The latest I have certainly does not seem correct.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Probably easiest to use your own file to do your move, then let everyone after you do their files properly this time.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 21, 2012, 08:42:22 PM
Probably easiest to use your own file to do your move, then let everyone after you do their files properly this time.

:rolleyes:

Yes because it was Tamas's and my own fault that we used the file the proceeded us.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I don't see why it isn't.  Why aren't you running every file that is sent instead of just the ones immediately prior?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I don't think I've ever run every file. Call me trusting and maybe someone whether better things to do than watch every move.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Careful, darling, from what I recall your charming personality has recently driven one player away.

Habbaku

God forbid I call you on your passive-aggressive commentary.

I really don't think it's overly onerous to expect someone making a file to check to make sure they're up to date.  If we don't, we run into situations where it takes even more time to figure out where we are which slows the game down--something no one wants.

I'll make a file building off of Berkut's latest to catch us up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 21, 2012, 10:24:32 PM
God forbid I call you on your passive-aggressive commentary.

That was you, dirty bird. Besides, don't worry, I'm of tougher stuff. Just wanted to yank your chain. :P :hug:

Habbaku

I'm pretty sure I'm active-aggressive, thank you.  :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

OK, so we converted a bunch of spaces in Merry Old England, built a Jesuit, shuffled some naval units around in a futile effort to get that Drake fucker, and sponsored a artist.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned