News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Drake dodges around the Cape and pirates successfully, but can only snag 1 VP (and destroy a patrol).

Berkut

Of course he does. Hits on 2/4 rolls, dodges all anti-pirate rolls.

You have had just obscene luck in this game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

And yet, I haven't won, I can't win this turn, and I'm not gonna win next turn, so yay luck.

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on July 22, 2012, 12:12:17 PM
And yet, I haven't won, I can't win this turn, and I'm not gonna win next turn, so yay luck.

I can only help you so much.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#31: 5 / Treachery!

Message from France:
For CPs :

1-4/5 - Patronize artist.
5/5 - Influence Scotland.

Will extend impulse with 3 CP treasure :

1-2/3 - Suppress Heresy.
3/3 - Remove unrest in Paris.

Converted Paris, removed unrest in Paris and patronized Montaigne.

Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

garbon

Well that was dumb on my part. Forgot about the freaking unrest...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2012, 09:28:05 PM

Hm?  You can always cancel the unrest by dropping a 6 to a 5.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Antwerp, Brielle and Rotterdam convert. Brielle in unrest.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 22, 2012, 09:29:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2012, 09:28:05 PM

Hm?  You can always cancel the unrest by dropping a 6 to a 5.

Oh I should do that then. Will re-send file.

Dumb bit is I forgot about how all the provinces in unrest, prevented me from making the most of my conversions...

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2012, 09:32:02 PM
Dumb bit is I forgot about how all the provinces in unrest, prevented me from making the most of my conversions...

Ouch.  Just noticed that.  Yes, unrest is a double-edged sword, at best.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Only 24 Protestant spaces, by the way.  A lot are in unrest, though.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Playing my Home Card, Ottoman Tribute, for CPs

4/5: patronize my artist
5/5: move Dragut and the corsairs to Ionian Sea

Berkut

PLay Muscovy for +1 Card marker.

Burn my last treasure to convert more of England to the True Faith, and control Oporto.

I am done for the turn.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien