"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on July 17, 2012, 09:06:18 AM
Piracy against me, eh?

Nice Tamas, very nice. A fine move.

I didn't actually do it :P

I'll probably won't do it now. Probably.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on July 17, 2012, 09:06:18 AM
Piracy against me, eh?

Nice Tamas, very nice. A fine move.

I guess Tamas thought you'd need no cards to move on England.

On flipside, I've now two cards with which I can assist you. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

OK, fuck you all then. I am not doing shit against England.

0 rows returned

garbon

That's odd as I actually had planned to play both for you (we'd even agreed on the one that I started the turn with). :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Tamas, France doesn't have much to assign. You are getting 1 vp and then they have to give you a card (only two available rewards).

Berkut

Tamas just used maybe the best anti-England card in the game to pirate.

Did Rich hack your guy's accounts or something?

0 rows returned

garbon

I'm unconvinced that Tamas knows what he is doing most of the time. -_-

Tamas

alright before the tears of Berkut drowns us all, he is fully aware of the pretty sweet deal I made with him to help him out. Perhaps me starting with the "lets give a bunch of trreasures to Spain" gives a hint and it's not over yet.

It's him being lackluster on the plans we had, not me.

Delirium

Excuse an innocent observer for interfering, but what just happened?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

England is 2 VPs away from winning. So we've all been trying pretty hard to keep them from winning, and bring them down a bit.

Spain is the only player who can really take direct action against England. I made a deal with Tamas to go after England, and gave him a card and a treasure in exchange for some plays on his part to help.

He then proceeded to pull the best anti-England card in the game from my hand (not his fault, just bad luck). However, rather than make a deal for its play, he played it for Ops so he could pirate France, and then tried (via an illegal play) to pirate me (Spain) as well. Needless to say, taking more cards from the one player who can take VPs away from England is not really a good way to keep England from winning.

It is basic MP tunnel vision. Tamas is trying to get a VP or two, and if that means the player winning the game does in fact win the game...oh well!

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on July 17, 2012, 09:55:55 AM
alright before the tears of Berkut drowns us all, he is fully aware of the pretty sweet deal I made with him to help him out. Perhaps me starting with the "lets give a bunch of trreasures to Spain" gives a hint and it's not over yet.

It's him being lackluster on the plans we had, not me.

Pretty sweet deal?

Spare me - we made a deal, it was not "pretty sweet", it was a fair deal. It's not like me desperately trying to stop England from winning is some kind of great deal on my part. It is not by any means. I just understand that I cannot win if someone else wins.

You then went and played the card that I stated in our negotiations we would need to discsuss if you drew it as Ops, even though it is clearly obvious that that cards play is critical to our entire plan.

Again, really, well done. That is some clear thinking. Three Ops was obviously the best possible use of Campion.

And pirating the Spanish is obviously going to go a long way towards...what exactly?

0 rows returned

Tamas

Oh ho ho. So who is busy busting up Portugal instead of kicking English ass? Not me that's for sure.

Who didn't backstab the HRE when it was the best possible time? Me.

Who made very sure to spill ungodly CPs via treasures into my one and only real rival the Spanish at the earliest time possible? Me.

I have put myself on passive mode for two turns now just so you can do your job and stop the English from winning.

So stop whining :P

Berkut

:jaron:

Yes, playing a Mandatory Event was such a huge sacrifice on your part.

0 rows returned