News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

No SD from Protestants. I sent a file though as I still had unrest on my power card from when La Rochelle had been in unrest and I think I only have 13 not 14 vp.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

#38: 2 / Treasure Fleet [MANDATORY]

Message from Ottoman:
The Spanish treasure fleet appears in a random location. Resolve according to the procedure found in Section 23.2. Card remains in deck each turn.

1/2: naval move: Dragut and 4 corsairs to Barbary Coast, 1 galley from Coron to Aegean Sea, 4 galleys from Coron to Ionian Sea
2/2: Dragut and 4 corsairs to Gulf of Lyon, galley from Aegean to East Mediterranean,

Tamas

BTW Berkut I still haven't got my treasure

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on July 13, 2012, 02:17:04 PM
#38: 2 / Treasure Fleet [MANDATORY]

Message from Ottoman:
The Spanish treasure fleet appears in a random location. Resolve according to the procedure found in Section 23.2. Card remains in deck each turn.

1/2: naval move: Dragut and 4 corsairs to Barbary Coast, 1 galley from Coron to Aegean Sea, 4 galleys from Coron to Ionian Sea
2/2: Dragut and 4 corsairs to Gulf of Lyon, galley from Aegean to East Mediterranean,

Are you really that intent on pirating me again?  And if so...why, when you have a lot of better targets around?  You know, like targets that actually have a chance of winning this turn?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Resolve TF, gave Tamas his treasure.

Played 3 CPs, besieged Lisbon. Extended with 2 CPs, converted Prot spaces.

Nothing personal garbon, but it drives England down 1 VP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on July 13, 2012, 02:38:46 PM
Nothing personal garbon, but it drives England down 1 VP.

Begrudgingly understood.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#77: 2 / Portuguese Attack

Message from France:
Eliminate any one colony adjacent to the South Atlantic, Indian Ocean, or South Pacific ocean zone. If played by a power controlling Lisbon, draw 1 treasure and keep it in your hand for a future impulse. May not be played against a colony from a power allied to Portugal.

Event, targeting Rio de Janeiro. Draw 1 treasure thanks to alliance with Portugal.

France harms England the only way she can.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

If anyone has something to scuttle Drake, now's the time...Papal Bull will also help (since it will lower Spain's declaration of war cost on England and allow Spanish troops in Ireland/Scotland).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#13: 1 / Reiters [RESPONSE]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4 HRE mercenaries added in Genève.

garbon

Quote#66: 5 / Sea Beggars
Dutch gain political control of any unoccupied port space in the Netherlands. Switch religious influence to Protestant if not already. Add one Dutch galleon and one Dutch regular to the space. If the space chosen is Brielle or Flushing, add a second Dutch galleon. If Spain controls a port connected to the North Sea, the Protestant receives a free Piracy roll. Place a Piracy marker in the North Sea, skip to Step 5 of the Piracy procedure and have Protestant roll 3 piracy dice against Spanish North Sea ports.

Message from Protestants:
Protestants take control of Flushing which flips to Protestant. 2 galleons and 1 regular in Flushing.

Sea Beggars live up to their name and get a hit on all 3 die. Berk up to assign hit - guess it is vp, card and then one of those two for the last.

Berkut

Gave a card and 2 VPs. With that you probably just handed the game to England.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

I have to say I don't understand. The conditions for that are still true even though I have it. :unsure:

garbon

Stupid Tamas. Using treasures incorrectly again!