Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 03, 2012, 09:27:21 AM
ooops! I thought I did

Why did you guys skip me then?  :mad:

I guess Berk and Ulmont decided you weren't going to do anything. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2012, 09:32:14 AM
QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#60: 2 / John Knox

Message from France:
For CPs :

1/2 - Both leaders, 5 regulars, 2 mercenaries to Dijon.
2/2 - "" to Paris.

The true king besieges Paris.  Back to Garbon.

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Operations
#39: 2 / Flooding [COMBAT]

Message from Protestants:
Party at the Bastille!

Maurice and 7r1m to Paris.

Not sure if you are playing anything in response or what have you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

How are they getting to Paris, exactly?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Sorry!

1/2 All to Amiens
2/2 All to Paris

Habbaku

I was being too coy, I guess.  There is no connection between Amiens and Maurice's current space.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Oh crap, you're right. I don't know why I thought they were...also that means Amiens didn't convert!

I'll clean up my mess shortly.

Oh wait, forgot Amiens was connected to Mons, so just need to correct most recent move!

garbon

Alright 2 mercs in Rouen instead.

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#10: 1 / Siege Engineering [COMBAT]

Message from Spain:
Build merc in Corunna

I will likely pass out unless anyone gets to 25 VPs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Tamas is up to play, since he's an idiot and didn't notice that his current leader (Murad) has an admin rating of 1 and so can only save 1 card.

EDIT: England managed to convert just one space, whee.

Tamas

#8: 2 / Elite Troops [COMBAT]

Message from Ottoman:
2 influence on Venice (4)

no file

Habbaku

French Catholic forces retake Paris, clear the riots in Calais and raise more troops in Orleans.

Off to Garbon.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote#7: 1 / Desperate Assault [COMBAT]

Message from Protestants:
Remove unrest in La Rochelle.

England to 24 vp!

Btw, just noticed that random English colony still needs moving back to the markers tray.

ulmont

So, if everyone else is passing out, can Habs do the end of turn stuff real fast?

garbon

Is Berk still passing? Won't you get 25 with Liz if he does nothing?

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 03, 2012, 02:54:58 PM
Is Berk still passing? Won't you get 25 with Liz if he does nothing?

Correct.  Which is why I am wondering why you insist on converting even more spaces...

-J. R. R. Tolkien