News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Not sure why you think I would fight a field battle there.  Good luck against the fortifications.

Garbon's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Operations
#64: 2 / Philosopher's Stone

Message from Protestants:
1/2 Raise 1 merc in Nantes
2/2 Take control of Brest, French naval unit forced into English Channel

Sorry about that French up to decided on Bay of Biscay or English Channel.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Playing Grand Vizier HC to raise 4 regulars in Istanbul

Drakken, BTW, pro tip: you can assault until you flag Geneva as you don't have LOC right now. Alternatively Berkut can be a nice guy and flag it for you, altough either of you must actually move there as the besieged french block remote flagging.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

ulmont

Berkut fucked around with patrols; I funded Marlowe's plays.  Off to Habs.

Habbaku

I'll be playing my home card--the Black Queen--to examine Drakken's hand.

To him to reveal to me before I decide on the second part.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Someone ahead of England in impulse order (Spain, Ottoman, cough cough) should strongly consider sponsoring an artist.  Since their artist will be resolved first, it is highly likely that they will grab the remaining 1 VP Artist marker ahead of the English, thus denying them the point. 

As it stands, England's going to be at 24 VPs at the end of the turn without that VP.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Habbaku

I'll draw two from the deck.

Drakken's up to play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#48: 3 / Commissioned from Italy

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
3CP
1/3: 1m from Lyon to Geneve.
2/3: Takes control of Geneve
3/3: Assault on Lyon.

I'll let some time for Habs in case he got a CC card. This time it's not like he can avoid the fight.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

HRE wins, with 2 hits against 1. France resists boldly.

HRE removes 1 mercernary, France removes 2 mercenaries, presumably?

EDIT : Nevermind, I need to exterminate all French lands units in Lyon. So the assault is not successful. Habs, don't bother.  :P

File sent to Garbon.

Habbaku

:yeah:  See how liberating it is to read the rules yourself?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Would it be possible to get a screenshot?