News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 8

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 05:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Here we go, the schedule and spread plus a hilarious Taiwanese Tebow video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VgGkhd7IUac

Date & Time    Favorite    Spread    Underdog
10/30 1:00 ET    At Tennessee    -8.5    Indianapolis
10/30 1:00 ET    At Houston    -9.5    Jacksonville
10/30 1:00 ET    At Carolina    -3.5    Minnesota
10/30 1:00 ET    New Orleans    -14    At St. Louis
10/30 1:00 ET    At Baltimore    -12.5    Arizona
10/30 1:00 ET    At NY Giants    -9.5    Miami
10/30 4:05 ET    At Buffalo
(Toronto)    -6    Washington
10/30 4:05 ET    Detroit    -3    At Denver
10/30 4:15 ET    New England    -3    At Pittsburgh
10/30 4:15 ET    At San Francisco    -8.5    Cleveland
10/30 4:15 ET    Cincinnati    -3    At Seattle
10/30 8:30 ET    At Philadelphia    -3.5    Dallas

Monday Night Football Point Spread

10/31 8:35 ET    San Diego    -3.5    At Kansas City
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Wow the lucky people of Toronto get to experience the glory that is the Washington Redskins in person.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 27, 2011, 05:35:18 PM
Here we go, the schedule and spread

...and what a shitty Sunday it looks to be.  Only one early game with less than a touchdown in spread.

Admiral Yi

I like San Diego and New England to cover, and Dallas taking the points.  Dallas looked pretty decent against the Patriots I thought.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Hey the Skins-Bills game is going to be on in Austin.  It is always nice to be able to watch them lose on TV instead of my computer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on October 27, 2011, 05:49:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 27, 2011, 05:35:18 PM
Here we go, the schedule and spread

...and what a shitty Sunday it looks to be.  Only one early game with less than a touchdown in spread.

Gotta play those games sometime.  And Pats-Steelers & Cowboys-Eagles make up for it IMO.  Hell, even the Monday night game involving the Chiefs should be competitive.

Since I'm not making the trip to Seattle this weekend, I feel like I can prognosticate on the Bengals-Seahawks game:  take the points.  Bengals never win on the west coast.  I'd be happy to be wrong, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

Timmy, can you stop just cross-posting shit from the SA football forums?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Classy move by Heap there. 

Sports Science did a thing with Arian Foster that goes along nicely with those combine numbers I came across earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGwhefyme4I

I really like the Foster/Tate combination the Texans have going on right now.  Hey they can also bring in Derrick Ward, who doesn't seem to suck either.  Too bad about Slaton.  If he had kept his rookie form (basically, if he hadn't taken that funky neck injury IMO), it would just be ridiculous.  Probably not enough carries to go around, but it'd be cool for a season, at least.

Downside is they're going to have to start paying these guys what they're actually worth.  I think Foster is on the last year of that UDFA contract he signed.  Less than $500,000 a season, IIRC. 

E:  Oh.  Andre Johnson won't be playing against the Jags.  So that sucks.

Neil

Good old Heap.  One of my favorites.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

The local affiliates have outdone themselves this week.

FOX @ 10 AM Carolina @ Minnesota
CBS @ 10AM NY Giants @ Miami

CBS @ 1PM Cincinnati @ Seattle

:yuk:  I guess there aren't many interesting early games today but what a load of crap.

ulmont

The carolina / minnesota game is probably the best early game, actually.  Only one with a spread less than a td IIRC.