News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 8

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 05:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I need Vick to pull one of his 50 points games.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Bengals keep winning these things the way they used to lose them.  Kinda nice seeing the other team's abortive comeback fail in spectacular style.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on October 30, 2011, 06:56:59 PM
Bengals keep winning these things the way they used to lose them.  Kinda nice seeing the other team's abortive comeback fail in spectacular style.

Another defensive TD?!  That should lock up my money league match-up this week.  :showoff:

Neil

Well, my LFFL game is locked up, and the Ravens won.  So it's a good day.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

Good start. Also, is Rex/Rob Ryan a parody on George/Oscar Bluth?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

The Redskins offensive line is trying to live up to their old moniker by playing like swine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2011, 08:25:57 PM
The Redskins offensive line is trying to live up to their old moniker by playing like swine.
Shannahaned. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Vick killing the Cowboys like a bunch of dogs.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Vick is winning, so all his dog-killing is forgiven.  Although I never held it against him.

Syt

After yesterday's game, and with Harrison still out, avatar updated.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 04:12:32 PM
Quote from: Strix on October 30, 2011, 03:51:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 03:18:44 PM
OK, that was a fucking great game.

Grats on a great comeback!  :showoff:
Well, since it looks like the Steelers are going to kill the Patriots, I guess Sunday Night Ravens-Steelers will be for the division and total domination of the AFC.

Looking forward to it. Of course that's like 2am on Monday morning for me.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 05:10:08 PM
In addition to all the other places they're thin.  Still, at least Johnson will be back soon.

<standard line about Johnson maybe coming back next week>

Hey they got their "fullback" back this week at least.  He was a bit limited, and Vickers was smashing some heads, but it's good to see him back out there. 

The LBs...well....I hope we're going to get to see pre-season superhero Brahman (#50) actually playing LB instead of just special teams.  There's also some dude named Tim Dobbins, who is actually an ILB (Brahman is an OLB, but the guy was pretty fun to watch in the preseason, and isn't screwing around on ST, so).  At least Ryans and Cushing are still playing, although Ryans seems to be in a full body cast or something. 

Cushing is a fucking monster.  The guy is everywhere on the field and is really blasting people when he gets the chance.  I wonder if he's...ahem...overtraining....again.   :P

Sophie Scholl

Damn you Katmai.  Your waiver wire positioning nabbed you Michael Bush our from under me. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Nice call on that challenge by the refs.  Apparently if the ball ever leaves your hands, it's a fumble.  This includes having control when your ass, back, and elbow make contact with the ground.  Awfulness already.  Professional sports are disgusting me more and more with the terrible officiating/umpiring/reffing involved every week. :yuk:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 31, 2011, 08:07:33 PM
Nice call on that challenge by the refs.  Apparently if the ball ever leaves your hands, it's a fumble.  This includes having control when your ass, back, and elbow make contact with the ground.  Awfulness already.  Professional sports are disgusting me more and more with the terrible officiating/umpiring/reffing involved every week. :yuk:
But the knee wasn't down!