And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 8

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 05:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Strix on October 30, 2011, 01:32:36 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2011, 01:21:29 PM
On a different note, if you're the Colt's GM and you have the #1, do you take Luck?
Hell yes!

You have Manning, one of the greatest QBs ever. You draft Luck and have him sit 2-3 seasons behind Manning. You now have one of the best potential talents who got to observe one of the best ever. You cannot beat that. Yes, Manning will bitch and moan, and he won't want to admit that the end is in sight but he will ultimately be a "team" player and do what is best for the team.
And with the rookie salary structure they have these days, why wouldn't you?  It's not like you have to pay him seventy million dollars like they did Jamarcus or Stafford.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 01:33:03 PM
Quote from: Strix on October 30, 2011, 01:29:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 12:36:35 PM
All of them.  But I'm watching the Ravens, because that's what I do.

Is it still what you're doing? :nelson:
Yes.  I'm not a bandwagon fag like you.

:wacko:

I have been riding this bandwagon since the 70's! Seat is hard sometimes but lots of great stops on the way so far.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Quote from: Strix on October 30, 2011, 01:38:47 PM

I have been riding this bandwagon since the 70's! Seat is hard sometimes but lots of great stops on the way so far.
You're probably lying, because that's what Steelers fags do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 01:39:27 PM
Quote from: Strix on October 30, 2011, 01:38:47 PM

You're probably lying, because that's what Steelers fags do.

Raven's fans know about lying that's true. You guys lie to yourselves everytime you say Flake-O is a good QB. Some of you lie enough to yourselves that you believe it!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

ulmont

Good Christ.  17-0 Rams over Saints at the half?

:bleeding:

FunkMonk

Quote from: ulmont on October 30, 2011, 01:46:55 PM
Good Christ.  17-0 Rams over Saints at the half?

:bleeding:

World Series Champions Rams of St. Louis   :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 01:34:18 PM
And with the rookie salary structure they have these days, why wouldn't you?  It's not like you have to pay him seventy million dollars like they did Jamarcus or Stafford.

How does that work?  Is there only a cap on the first year?

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2011, 02:17:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 01:34:18 PM

How does that work?  Is there only a cap on the first year?

No it is the first contract, it is limited on money and number of years.  Might as well live in the Soviet Union, right?

EDIT:  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6768521/nfl-lockout-owners-players-agree-rookie-wage-system-sources-say

QuoteAccording to sources, the terms agreed to on the rookie wage system are, in part, as follows:

• Five-year contracts, with a team option for the fifth year.

• If the team option is exercised, in the fifth year the top 10 picks would receive a salary equal to the average of the top 10 player salaries at their respective positions. That money would be guaranteed if the option is exercised after the third year of the contract.

• If the team option is exercised, in the fifth year picks 11-32 would receive a salary equal to the average of the Nos. 3-25 salaries at their respective positions. That money would be guaranteed if the option is exercised after the third year of the contract.

This was before the deal was finalized so it may have changes slightly, but not much.

Neil

Good teams come back from deficits.  Now let's see what happens.

sbr

Neil

There has been a crazy number of penalties in this game.

Liep

I still don't get why it's unsportsmanlike to celebrate a good play.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Quote from: Liep on October 30, 2011, 02:54:53 PM
I still don't get why it's unsportsmanlike to celebrate a good play.
Because this crew is one of the most ridiculous in the NFL.

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  The Texans are now 5-3 (3-0 AFC S) after a rather ugly W over Jacksonville, 24-14. 

Neil

OK, that was a fucking great game.