And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2012, 02:20:43 PM
How very odd CC.   No new insights on swtor boards

There is one guy who is helping out a lot - His thread is by far becoming the most popular in the CS forum.  CS itself seems to have given up.

Barrister

Have you tried actually calling customer support?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2012, 03:29:24 PM
Have you tried actually calling customer support?

No, people with the same problem report that when they finally got through to a living breathing CS person (which could take more than an hour) that person had no idea what might fix the problem beyond the fixes already pinned on the forums.

I have exchanged 4 emails with customer support on this.  They also dont provide any advice other than what is already pinned in the forums.

The best source of information is the guy I mentioned above.  I am hoping he can find a solution for me.

crazy canuck

The guy helping on the forums ran out of ideas so I contacted CS by phone.  The good news is I got right through.  The bad news is I spent 3 hours with them and they are stumped.  They are going to be investigating further.  Fingers crossed.

HVC

You connected through wifi? or is your computer connected straight to your router? I remember i had an issue connecting my playstation through wifi for whatever reason (opened all the ports sony told me to, etc.) but could connect through an ethernet cable. Eventually after a patch my wifi worked. Never figured out why, not that it matters now. Maybe this is a hail mary for you.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Have you tried connect your computer directly to the Modem without a routeur in the network?

I use to have BSODs when connecting the MSN Zone when my routeur was bridging the connection.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

HVC & GF,

I am connected through Wifi with a dls modem connected to the router.  I am a bit reluctant to mess with reconnecting the cables since I dont want to disrupt everyone the connectection for everyone else on their lap tops and our TV connection is also through my internet provider.

Is there a way to bypass the router to connect my computer directly to the modem without disrupting the router for everyone else?

Barrister

Well your tv shouldn't make any difference, unless you're getting your tv signal via wi-fi (and I've never heard of that).

Plugging your computer right into your modem is simply a matter of unplugging the router and hooking the ethernet cable into your computer.  Yes, it will take out your wi-fi completely, but it could at least narrow one variable.

One other option is to hook your computer directly to your router.  That shouldn't affect anything else in your home.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Berkut

Yeah, I would at least try hooking your PC up straight to your modem to see if it works. If it does, you know the problem has something to do with the router.

Then, hook it straight up to the router. If THAT works, then you know your problem has something to do with the WiFi connection.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 12:14:09 PM
Well your tv shouldn't make any difference, unless you're getting your tv signal via wi-fi (and I've never heard of that).

That is exactly what I have.  I dont have cable TV, I have DSL TV.

edit: guys, you are missing the point.  I dont want to cut everyone else off from the router so unhooking it is really out of the question.

Grey Fox

HVC

My modem is both a modem and a router which has multiple ethernet ports so i can still hook up my desktop and still have wifi (which i do). not sure what type of router/modem you have. Your sons propbably do though. enlist their help :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2012, 12:20:01 PM
Optix? How do you like it?

I dont think its Optix. I think its called TelusTV, but it is probably the same idea.  I really like it.  The quality is as good as the cable we had, the pay per view options are better imo, and the packages are better imo.

Also, I get the advantage of an upgrade in the DSL speed on the network as they provide the highest possible non commercial speed to ensure the quality of their service.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 12, 2012, 12:19:24 PM
edit: guys, you are missing the point.  I dont want to cut everyone else off from the router so unhooking it is really out of the question.

You can't disconnect them for 10 minutes while you try to figure out what is going on?

Does your house operate on some kind of six nines service guarantee?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned