News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Okay, so---hate Warcraft, but love KOTOR. Should I buy this?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

I dont have it yet but I was pretty certain I was not going to get it because I thought it was just going to be a WoW clone and I am definitely done with WoW.  But after reading through the forums this games seems to be much more then simply WoW with voice overs.  Also, a bunch of oldtime guildies that had also sworn off WoW are really enjoying this.

The Brain

Well it's a mainstream MMORPG. There are few surprises. I find it kind of meh but it's fun to play with friends, like most games.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Stonewall

I've been loving the game so far.  Bioware seems to have taken much of the best of WoW and LOTRO and combined them.  The game gets even better once they implement a guild bank and macros.  I hope they do not enable add-ons or if they do, they are of limited functionality.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

JonasSalk

Game could really use a threat meter and a better system for tracking health so I can heal properly, but other than that I'm hooked hardcore. I've got a level 20 Mercenary and a level 14 Sorcerer. Woo ultra-dark side.
Yuman

szmik

Quote from: Stonewall on December 24, 2011, 01:26:46 PM
I've been loving the game so far.  Bioware seems to have taken much of the best of WoW and LOTRO and combined them.  The game gets even better once they implement a guild bank and macros.  I hope they do not enable add-ons or if they do, they are of limited functionality.

how soon it gets repetitive?
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Caliga

I just started doing space combat missions today.  I find them to be very fun. :cool:  Just make sure you get at least crappy shields + regenerator before trying to do any. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Drakken

Seems they went with the WoT solution for Warzones : placing low-level characters mixed with über-leveled ones. So the warzone is, in effect, decided by whose side as the highest level toons.

Faeelin

Yea, I'm a bit dissapointed. Would a sorting mechanism have been too difficult?

I'm sort of amazed the Sith Empire has lasted more than twenty minutes. Why would you die for a bunch of evil space wizards who go out of their way to treat you like dirt?

Caliga

It's the Star Wars universe, man.  Check your brain at the door and enjoy the special effects.

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2011, 06:41:14 AM
Do you have to grind for Jawas?

I think the Bounty Hunter gets a Jawa sidekick.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Berkut

Hmmm, my need for many alts has illuminated a major downside to the game.

The content so far is ridiculously linear. From 1-10 you do Hutta or Korriban, from 10-17ish EVERYONE does Drumond Kaas.

Uggh. That is a lot of content to repeat...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned