News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Truth be told, I had no problem with that NOOOOOOOOOOOO in ROTS, although I would have loved better if he had broken down like Michael Corleone at the Opera in The Godfather III.

Syt

My warrior has picked up he second companion. I won't pursue the romantic option, because I think he's rather oily, but he has some healing skill - my recent fights at level 22 required some downtime for regeneration in between. Perhaps time to upgrade the armor again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I wonder if you can have a gay romance with the Predator dude that Sith Inquisitors get? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2011, 06:27:18 AM
I wonder if you can have a gay romance with the Predator dude that Sith Inquisitors get? :hmm:

They said there's no same sex romance. Otherwise my Sith Juggernaut would be all over the twi'lek slave chick. :(

That sounds raunchier than it should.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 22, 2011, 06:31:46 AM
They said there's no same sex romance. Otherwise my Sith Juggernaut would be all over the twi'lek slave chick. :(

That sounds raunchier than it should.

Ruh roh.  Marty boycott.

But seriously romance with NPCs in a MMORPG?  WHy if they had this back in Everquest Meri would still be single  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2011, 10:10:19 AM
But seriously romance with NPCs in a MMORPG?  WHy if they had this back in Everquest Meri would still be single  :(

:hmm:

Just kidding, I'm sure he has a rich and deep personality.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Drakken

Romance with companions in RPG....  :rolleyes:

"Seriously, have you ever talked to a woman without having to give out your credit card number?"

Lndhand

My play time has been limited (Sith Inq. at level 7) but so far other than the cool questing aspect of the game, I have not had any "wow" moments - excuse the pun.  Frankly, the game seems like wow in space with a better quest system.  Does this game get better at higher levels or basically stay the same?
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Drakken

Since I've never played WoW I cannot compare, but with my limited experience the voice-overs makes it a rather excellent experience until now. It "feels" Star Wars-ish.

And it's not inherently bad that it ressembles the WoW system, far more innovative MMOs have utterly failed and faded before.

Plus, f'ing space combat.

HVC

I'm having fun with this game. Crafted some nice armour but i'll have to craft some more. Went to aim crazy becasue i didn't realize enfdurance gives HP. The fast movement perk you get at level 15 (? ) is a god send.

Also, my powertech bounty hunter has a stupid looking merc helmet i got in a quest, and i can't get anotehr until much later on. it annoys me.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Wow. I am in a queue.

To access the forum website!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on December 22, 2011, 10:50:27 AM
Romance with companions in RPG....  :rolleyes:

Why is that worse or different than any other form of interaction with companions in an RPG?  I just figure in a MMORPG you are there to interact with and romance the other players not your pet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2011, 10:11:02 AM
Companion affection isn't all that important though.  You can get some kind of bonuses if your companion thinks highly of you (and of course there are the romance options at high affection), but even if your companion hates your guts they won't abandon you or stop working with you.

It seems the main thing affection modifies is crafting speed of your companion.

Drakken

Got Naga Sadow's Dakhade as first companion. That monstrous freak beat the shit out of my targets and consumes them.  :menace:

Get Error 9000 disconnects all the time, though. It's getting annoying.

Richard Hakluyt

My copy arrived yesterday, 36 hours after being ordered. I'd assumed that it would take them longer over the Christmas period  :hmm:

Enjoying it so far, playing a Republic trooper.