News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Not saying there Weren't both dps spec shadows. Also know from Sith side we don't have all taunts/cc till like lvl 22 when we are tank spec.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 12, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
Not saying there Weren't both dps spec shadows. Also know from Sith side we don't have all taunts/cc till like lvl 22 when we are tank spec.

They were both sneaking around.  Can they both sneak and tank?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 03:26:46 PM
Whoops.

But I was tired.

WEll, just because they may have been tanks hardly makes them actually competent.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

So in their first 1.1 patch they are announcing a new flashpoint - Rise of the Rakghouls, and a new boss in the end raid.  And it comes out next week.

The next major patch will include Rise of the Rakghouls Part II, yet more raid bosses, and a bunch of other features.  It comes out in March.

If they keep to that kind of content schedule it could keep me hooked for a long time.  I rather assumed at this point I'd play till max level then drop out.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 03:37:15 PM

Uh the class has stealth as whole I believe. I mean my tank spec can stealth.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 12, 2012, 04:54:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 03:37:15 PM

Uh the class has stealth as whole I believe. I mean my tank spec can stealth.

Fascinating.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on January 12, 2012, 12:56:32 PM
CC when you get home tonight check to see if your router has multiple ethernet ports (most do). If you have a free one you can use that without fear of disrupting your current connections. if you have no free one unplug one and use that. worst comes to worst only one tv will be down :lol:

Ok, the comments by you and GF have helped me understand what all these cables are finally.  I have a phone line running to my modem and one cable of some sort (ethernet cable?) running from my modem to my router.  There are no other ports on my modem.  As you said there are a number of ports from my router and to answer BB's query of how TV is possible there is also a TV type cable running from my router into the wall which I assume is what is connecting my TVs in the rest of the house.  There is an ethernet? cable running from my router to my computer - so that is already done and as I look at my connection info it says my computer is connected both "locally" which I assume means through the cable and "Internet" which I assume means wifi.  There is another ethernet? cable running from the router to the wall.  I am not sure what that is but I suspect it has something to do with the internet TV service.

Now that I understand the setup a bit better I took the ethernet cable that connected the modem to the router and connected the computer directly to the modem with it.  Unfortunately I got the same error message.  So I am not sure where to go from here.

edit: And my isp says all ports needed by the game are available and they are not sure what the problem could be.

frunk

If your computer is connected by the ethernet cable then you probably aren't connected through the wifi.  I mean you could be, but there wouldn't be much point.  When it says that you are connected both locally and the internet that means you have access to the local network of computers that are connected to your router, and the big broad world outside through your modem.

Your isp may or may not be able to tell if the ports on your computer are configured correctly.  Your ports may allow inbound but prohibit outbound traffic or vice versa.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 12, 2012, 05:33:41 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 12, 2012, 12:56:32 PM
CC when you get home tonight check to see if your router has multiple ethernet ports (most do). If you have a free one you can use that without fear of disrupting your current connections. if you have no free one unplug one and use that. worst comes to worst only one tv will be down :lol:

Ok, the comments by you and GF have helped me understand what all these cables are finally.  I have a phone line running to my modem and one cable of some sort (ethernet cable?) running from my modem to my router.  There are no other ports on my modem.  As you said there are a number of ports from my router and to answer BB's query of how TV is possible there is also a TV type cable running from my router into the wall which I assume is what is connecting my TVs in the rest of the house.  There is an ethernet? cable running from my router to my computer - so that is already done and as I look at my connection info it says my computer is connected both "locally" which I assume means through the cable and "Internet" which I assume means wifi.  There is another ethernet? cable running from the router to the wall.  I am not sure what that is but I suspect it has something to do with the internet TV service.

Now that I understand the setup a bit better I took the ethernet cable that connected the modem to the router and connected the computer directly to the modem with it.  Unfortunately I got the same error message.  So I am not sure where to go from here.

edit: And my isp says all ports needed by the game are available and they are not sure what the problem could be.

Well, shit.

Also, woo knowledge was passed!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

if you have cable coming out of your computer to your router that means you computer is connected by ethernet and not wifi so theregoes that theory. Since you have all the cables easily accessable try unplugging the ethenet cgoing from you modem to your router and pluggin it into the computer. Then load up SWTOR. if that workes then it's your router that's causing you problems. Just a quick spot check, you can replug into your router and everything will be fine.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on January 12, 2012, 06:39:36 PM
if you have cable coming out of your computer to your router that means you computer is connected by ethernet and not wifi so theregoes that theory. Since you have all the cables easily accessable try unplugging the ethenet cgoing from you modem to your router and pluggin it into the computer. Then load up SWTOR. if that workes then it's your router that's causing you problems. Just a quick spot check, you can replug into your router and everything will be fine.

will do.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on January 12, 2012, 06:39:36 PM

no go.  Still get the Server Not Responding error from the launcher.

HVC

Hmm, well that's the limit of my expertise, really. the last thing i can think of, assuming you haven't done it, is to turn off you firewall (both anti-virus and native windows) and turn your connection security settings to their lowest setting in you IE options. Remember to turn them all back to what they were after, unless you really like viruses :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Tried that too.  Thanks for trying to help :)

CS just sent me an email asking for another pingtrace log.  So at least they are working on it.

Grey Fox

This is going to sound obvious but have you tried a different computer?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.