And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 12, 2012, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2012, 01:03:58 PM
What I'm wondering is : Is the Telus routeur necessary for TelusTV to work or would any Routeur would do.

That I dont know.  They say its a special high speed thingie so maybe its customized for the Telus service?

Maybe. That would be surprising. I think your idea of giving Telus support a ring might be a good idea.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Except I think you'd need to isolate the fact that your telus router or modem is the problem.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

So to get away from tech support a bit...

last night at Nar Shadaa I see a mention in general chat "need healer for heroic".  (for those who don't know, heroics in TOR are four player content that is not instanced and fairly short).  So I send a tell and get invited.

But when I get to the group I quickly see we have three DPS and me.  Two Jedi shadows and a smuggler of some sort.  As such it is a huge PITA to try and keep them all healed, and nobody has any aggro control.  We do reasonably okay (though I feel like the work is all on me), but we do wipe.  At which point I say "sorry, bedtime" and log out.

Was I unreasonable, or justified?

That particular mission is just a "Kill X number of Y" kind of mission, so they could always find someone new and complete it - no real progress was lost.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2012, 12:39:18 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 12, 2012, 12:36:48 PM
ZOMG, you powered down your router!

WHAT DID THE KIDS DO FOR INTERNET WHILE YOU WERE DOING THAT???

Whatever you have, you have a cable coming from some wall into your modem. You have another cable (this one is ethernet) going from your modem to your router, assuming your router and modem are separate.

Your router will have some number between 0 and 6 ethernet plugs in the back. These are for connecting PCs via ethernet (as opposed to wifi). Is your PC hooked up to the router with an ethernet cable, or does it just use wifi?

Stop being a Tech support Jack ass. CC's our friend & we give them shit AFTERWARDS not while fixing it.

I see no reason why to delay value shit-giving until later.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 01:20:13 PM
Except I think you'd need to isolate the fact that your telus router or modem is the problem.

Yep. They are not going to help unless CC can make it clear the problem is the router or modem. Maybe not even then.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

You probably stayed longer then most would have.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 01:20:13 PM

CS told me the specific questions to ask about port accessability etc.  I would be shocked if my ISP would answer such questions.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 12, 2012, 01:51:25 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

You probably stayed longer then most would have.

Because I'm still learning what all the classes are and lok like, it didn't dawn on me right away thank there was nobody remotely close to a tank.

Berkut

Do you really need a dedicated tank for "kill X of Y" though? If you have enough DPS and CC, a tank should not be necessary.

QuoteThat particular mission is just a "Kill X number of Y" kind of mission, so they could always find someone new and complete it - no real progress was lost.

Not really true though, since why would someone else want to go join when Z of Y have already been killed, since they will need to kill X of Y, and hence the rest of the group would need to kill X anyway.

I dunno - bailing on a group is not cool, unless there is some pretty good reason for it, and not having a tank for a low level "heroic" group is not unusual in my experience so far. Certainly wiping is not a good reason to bail, IMO.

Now, and actual FP is a different story.

0 rows returned

Berkut

And isn't a Jedi Shadow potentially a tank class anyway? They are listed as such in the creation screen.

0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on January 12, 2012, 02:11:20 PM
And isn't a Jedi Shadow potentially a tank class anyway? They are listed as such in the creation screen.

Really?

I thought consulars only had DPS and healing options?

katmai

No shadows can be tanks. In beta the guilds doing end game content were using shadow tanks.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

To recap there is tank tree for both Force classes and trooper/BH.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister