And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 4

Started by MadBurgerMaker, September 27, 2011, 04:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 07:33:07 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2011, 07:31:56 PM
In what decades was a match in Tampa Bay worth a Monday Nite slot?

This was supposed to be "Peyton Manning," not "Tampa Bay."

Then have the game in Indianapolis.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2011, 07:40:46 PM
Monday Night Football isn't anywhere near as prestigious as it used to be. 

It's because they schedule the MNF games way in advance, and they can't flex them, so the matchups sometimes suck like this one. 

Jesus did Painter just almost throw a pick already?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2011, 07:42:37 PM

Why does the location make a difference?

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 07:43:03 PM
It's because they schedule the MNF games way in advance, and they can't flex them, so the matchups sometimes suck like this one.
Yeah, but the best games are also scheduled well in advance for Sunday Night, whereas five years ago they would have been on Monday.
QuoteJesus did Painter just almost throw a pick already?
No, that was just Garcon with a drop.  Garcon sucks.

Painter actually looks pretty good on his first few passes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 07:33:07 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2011, 07:31:56 PM
In what decades was a match in Tampa Bay worth a Monday Nite slot?
This was supposed to be "Peyton Manning," not "Tampa Bay."
The teams involved are much, much, much more important than the location.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2011, 07:45:58 PM
No, that was just Garcon with a drop.  Garcon sucks.

Painter actually looks pretty good on his first few passes.

Oh okay.  I looked up and saw a Bucs player with the ball in his hands. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 07:44:04 PM

Why does the location make a difference?

It does. They have no flexibility in their schedule because it is done in advance so atleast have the games in interesting football stadium/city. Not some place that hadn't sell out in almost 2 years.

MadBurgerMaker

Oof.  Painter with the turnover.

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2011, 08:01:17 PM
It does. They have no flexibility in their schedule because it is done in advance so atleast have the games in interesting football stadium/city. Not some place that hadn't sell out in almost 2 years.

Indianapolis isn't interesting.  At least no more so than Tampa when it comes to watching a football game on TV. 

Actually, no, Indy doesn't have a pirate ship.  Tampa is better.

Edit:  Okay I'm the worst Rangers fan ever.  The only reason I knew they even played tonight, let alone won, was because the MNF guys mentioned it twice now.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 08:01:51 PM
Oof.  Painter with the turnover.
I put that on Addai.    And right there, the other back totally blew his block, and Painter got annihilated.  The Colts really need to work on their protection.
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2011, 08:01:17 PM
Indianapolis isn't interesting.  At least no more so than Tampa when it comes to watching a football game on TV. 

Actually, no, Indy doesn't have a pirate ship.  Tampa is better.
But even then, the pirate ship is a gimmick.  Really, the stadiums are all pretty much the same when you're watching it on TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Wow the Colts got lucky there.  Nice tackling, guys.

Edit: 
QuoteAnd right there, the other back totally blew his block, and Painter got annihilated.  The Colts really need to work on their protection.

Yeah, Donald Brown.  That was terrible. 

QuoteBut even then, the pirate ship is a gimmick.  Really, the stadiums are all pretty much the same when you're watching it on TV.

True, but it's slightly better than no gimmick. 

Why did Morris just throw a challenge flag?  What is he even wanting to challenege?

Grey Fox

Well, the Colts usually have a gimmick. You mentioned him before.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2011, 08:21:37 PM
Well, the Colts usually have a gimmick. You mentioned him before.

But Peyton Manning is a travelling gimmick.  He takes his stupidly long pre-snap shit and gigantic dome on the road with him.   Kerry Collins also drinks on the sidelines no matter where he is as well.

MadBurgerMaker

Well.  That was pretty nasty.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2011, 06:21:40 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2011, 04:49:26 PM
#1 total defense in the NFL (in terms of yards allowed per game): Bengals :lol:
And that's almost a real stat, now that the Bengals have played one team that isn't totally worthless. :P

I know-- and #1 anything just 1/4 the way through the season is not something to hang your hat on.  But the defense (and team as a whole) seems to have benefited by dropping some bigger names/egos and going for depth instead.  Also helped to move Maualuga to MLB.  With Fitzgerald (Ravens LB coach from 04 to 07) coaching him he seems to be on the right track.

What I think *is* pretty telling is that the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens are the top 3 NFL defenses in yards allowed per game.  Cleveland is #9.  If one team in the division figures out how to have a consistently decent offense, watch out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2011, 09:13:08 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 28, 2011, 04:41:58 PM
My years at Languish - and these threads - has given me an affinity for the Ravens.

I won't pretend to know much, or to be a "true fan" or anything dumb like that... but when I'm waiting at an American airport or passing through a sport bar or am anywhere else with an NFL game on the big screen and it turns out the Ravens are playing, that's the team whose victories I cheer and whose losses I regret.

Hell... I was at a British flavoured pub during the playoffs last season and was watching the Ravens when the waitress changed the game to the world's strongest man competition or something... and I made her switch it back and was actually offended that she'd changed it to begin with.

So yeah... please keep up the good work in these threads :cheers:

Good show, my friend.  ;)

Just remember, you're rooting for a team whose city uses it as their instrument of vengeance upon this earth against a league for past wrongs too many to mention, on so many levels it reaches Greek proportions.  A team the rest of the league loves to hate, in both open contempt and hidden subterfuge.  And yet, it cannot defeat it, for its very existence is a victory.

In time, you too will see what the Ravens truly are:  the team the league created, born of its own Promethean hubris, one it cannot control or evade, and there will be a reckoning.  They are Shelley's team.

Welcome to the fight.

Another reason to like the Ravens.  Their D-Coordinator is Chuck Pagano, who played at Wyoming.  Good show, that indeed.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM