Herman Cain Tied With Mitt Romney For GOP Lead

Started by jimmy olsen, October 04, 2011, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Christie looks like a fun guy - he seems to have sense of humour and seems authentic. Too bad he is not running. Will GOP play the race card and support Cain?  :lol:

Edit: Also, it seems his stances on many issues are right of center, but quite reasonable: http://www.issues2000.org/Chris_Christie.htm

Meaning he has no chance to win the primaries.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on October 05, 2011, 01:21:47 AM
Fatboy has spent so much time and energy declaring that he won't run that he's still in it, if only when the "Draft Chris Christie to save us from the Bat Guano" campaign starts....

Christie2012 - More Cholesterol - Less Batshit

He said two days ago that it is a definite no.

Sheilbh

I like Christie but I don't know that he'd do well in a national campaign.  I could be wrong but his style strikes me as very New Jersey. 

Also I agree with the idea that he's maybe too overweight to win.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2011, 04:43:45 AM
I could be wrong but his style strikes me as very New Jersey. 

He could capitalize on the Jersey Shore success.

Caliga

Nonsense.  He is: too big to fail. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Habsburg on October 05, 2011, 01:12:28 AM
Huntsman is my pony.

Sorry that dog won't

Use of cognitive faculties for the purpose of reasoning is against party rules this election cycle.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

I like Christie but I don't know that he'd do well in a national campaign.  I could be wrong but his style strikes me as very New Jersey. 

Corzine's campaign against him in the end came down to running TV ads showing Christie's body at particularly unflattering angles.  The only thing missing was the voiceover - "Chris Christie: too fat to run, too fat to govern"

Didn't help - Christie blew him away.  Although with Corzine it probably didn't help to run on a Goldman Sachs resume in 2009.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on October 05, 2011, 04:14:01 AM
Cain is batshit crazy, but also by far the most honest-sounding and intelligent-looking candidate in the debates I have seen.

His resume is quite impressive and he doesn't seem to have that reflexive drive toward social puritanism that motivates most of the current crop of candidates.  I don't think I could vote for him, but I don't think he would be a Rick-Perry-level disaster if he were to be elected.

What about his resume is impressive?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on October 05, 2011, 04:25:28 AM
Christie looks like a fun guy - he seems to have sense of humour and seems authentic. Too bad he is not running. Will GOP play the race card and support Cain?  :lol:

Edit: Also, it seems his stances on many issues are right of center, but quite reasonable: http://www.issues2000.org/Chris_Christie.htm

Meaning he has no chance to win the primaries.
Christie would be the next Rick Perry.  It's easy for people to salivate over you when you're not running.  Running a campagin is a whole other matter.  He's also more Huntsman than Bachmann when it comes to ideology/sanity balance, and that's just not what Republicans want right now.

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2011, 09:42:16 AM
Didn't help - Christie blew him away.  Although with Corzine it probably didn't help to run on a Goldman Sachs resume in 2009.
Or Jon Corzine's resume, for that matter.