News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 4

Started by MadBurgerMaker, September 27, 2011, 04:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 02:23:34 PM
The suckiness of the Detroit Lions is one of the few eteral constants of the universe.  You guys are going to get hit hard jumping on that particular bandwagon.

The suckiness of the Detroit Lions requires they be good for a few years to keep their fans interested enough to be pissed off when they collapse again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2011, 02:42:29 PM
The suckiness of the Detroit Lions is one of the few eteral constants of the universe.  You guys are going to get hit hard jumping on that particular bandwagon.

The suckiness of the Detroit Lions requires they be good for a few years games to keep their fans interested enough to be pissed off when they collapse again.

FYP
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 02:43:39 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2011, 02:42:29 PM

The suckiness of the Detroit Lions requires they be good for a few years games to keep their fans interested enough to be pissed off when they collapse again.

FYP
How 'bout them Vikings? :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jacob

My years at Languish - and these threads - has given me an affinity for the Ravens.

I won't pretend to know much, or to be a "true fan" or anything dumb like that... but when I'm waiting at an American airport or passing through a sport bar or am anywhere else with an NFL game on the big screen and it turns out the Ravens are playing, that's the team whose victories I cheer and whose losses I regret.

Hell... I was at a British flavoured pub during the playoffs last season and was watching the Ravens when the waitress changed the game to the world's strongest man competition or something... and I made her switch it back and was actually offended that she'd changed it to begin with.

So yeah... please keep up the good work in these threads :cheers:

Neil

:lol:

Between CdM and I, we're reaching out and spreading the Gospel of Ray Lewis.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 28, 2011, 02:21:31 PM
Bummer, the Lions game and Washington game are on at the same time. Do I want to see the Redskins lose embarrassingly or watch the Lions beat Dallas? Maybe Romo will get sacked and injured! :w00t:
I think you can count on the front four of the Lions to hurt Romo.  Maybe not injure, but certainly hurt him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 28, 2011, 02:32:11 PM

Nah, I remember them making the playoffs pretty frequently in the 90's, so they weren't bad then.  Then Barry Sanders retired and Matt Millen showed up and....wow.

Edit:  Oh hey, reading their wikipedia article, they even went 9-7 without Sanders (just missed the playoffs then) the year before Millen began destroying them.

Meh, it wasn't all that frequent.

sbr

The Lions made the playoffs in:  91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 99.  I would say 6 out of 10 years could be called frequently.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on September 28, 2011, 04:53:36 PM
:lol:

Between CdM and I, we're reaching out and spreading the Gospel of Ray Lewis.

I too realized how glorious the Ravens defense was because of this board.  Think I hopped on their defensive bandwagon back in 04/05.  I don't brag about the offense, or get too excited when the defense is off the field even after all these years, though.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 28, 2011, 07:57:49 PM
SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT

Bob Sanders is done for the year: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15655411/safety-sanders-again-lands-on-ir-chargers-sign-dt-harris
Well, he helped the Chargers win a couple games that would probably have been Norved away.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 27, 2011, 04:37:03 PM
Texans news:  The Steve Slaton era in Houston is over.  He was released today and Chris Ogbonnaya was brought up from the practice squad.

Apparently now the Steve Slaton era in Miami begins. :P

Neil

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 28, 2011, 08:34:14 PM
Texans news:  The Steve Slaton era in Houston is over.  He was released today and Chris Ogbonnaya was brought up from the practice squad.
It all just blends into the post-Dan Marino era, or the 'Era of Futility'.

derspiess

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 28, 2011, 08:34:14 PM

Bengals were looking at him as a replacement for Benson if he got suspended, but passed :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on September 28, 2011, 04:41:58 PM
My years at Languish - and these threads - has given me an affinity for the Ravens.

I won't pretend to know much, or to be a "true fan" or anything dumb like that... but when I'm waiting at an American airport or passing through a sport bar or am anywhere else with an NFL game on the big screen and it turns out the Ravens are playing, that's the team whose victories I cheer and whose losses I regret.

Hell... I was at a British flavoured pub during the playoffs last season and was watching the Ravens when the waitress changed the game to the world's strongest man competition or something... and I made her switch it back and was actually offended that she'd changed it to begin with.

So yeah... please keep up the good work in these threads :cheers:

Good show, my friend.  ;)

Just remember, you're rooting for a team whose city uses it as their instrument of vengeance upon this earth against a league for past wrongs too many to mention, on so many levels it reaches Greek proportions.  A team the rest of the league loves to hate, in both open contempt and hidden subterfuge.  And yet, it cannot defeat it, for its very existence is a victory.

In time, you too will see what the Ravens truly are:  the team the league created, born of its own Promethean hubris, one it cannot control or evade, and there will be a reckoning.  They are Shelley's team.

Welcome to the fight.