News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 4

Started by MadBurgerMaker, September 27, 2011, 04:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 28, 2011, 06:16:37 PM
The Lions made the playoffs in:  91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 99.  I would say 6 out of 10 years could be called frequently.

Yay, you win.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2011, 09:13:08 PM
Good show, my friend.  ;)

Just remember, you're rooting for a team whose city uses it as their instrument of vengeance upon this earth against a league for past wrongs too many to mention, on so many levels it reaches Greek proportions.  A team the rest of the league loves to hate, in both open contempt and hidden subterfuge.  And yet, it cannot defeat it, for its very existence is a victory.

In time, you too will see what the Ravens truly are:  the team the league created, born of its own Promethean hubris, one it cannot control or evade, and there will be a reckoning.  They are Shelley's team.

Welcome to the fight.
I'm going to hold onto this for future reference.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2011, 09:14:03 PM
The Lions made the playoffs in:  91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 99.  I would say 6 out of 10 years could be called frequently.

Yay, you win.

:showoff:

HisMajestyBOB

That's more than the Redskins :weep:
But at least the Redskins won the 1991 Superbowl :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

And so the volleys begin:

QuoteThe New York Jets coach and former Ravens defensive coordinator is blessed with a colorful personality that lends itself to sound bites and quotes. So it's not shocking that when a reporter told Ryan during his conference call with Baltimore media Wednesday morning that the Ravens are 1-0 against the Jets under Ryan, the coach responded with a shot across the bow.

"We have not beat them since I've been here, that's for sure," he said. "You can throw in the preseason game, too, if you want. That's exactly right. Now I will say this: we all talk about it, but I was there 10 years, and I've got a ton of friends there and the utmost respect for them and all that. But the fact of the matter is, we all said we were going to meet in the AFC championship game. Now, we haven't won the AFC championship game, but we've got there two years in a row. The Ravens haven't. So you can throw that one right back at them as well."

QuoteRay Lewis was then informed of Ryan's earlier response in the morning to a question about being 0-1 against the Ravens. Ryan pointed out that the Jets have advanced to the AFC championship in each of the last two seasons but are still waiting for the Ravens to meet them there.

"Wow. Yeah, the only response I could ever have for that is he was sitting in the same place I was sitting: watching the Super Bowl," Lewis said.

Sunday night will be beautiful.

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 28, 2011, 09:51:53 PM
But at least the Redskins won the 1991 Superbowl :)

Long has it sustained me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Instead of watching football, I'll be at the Opera for Verdi's Rigoletto. Free birthday tickets from the ticket office.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 28, 2011, 04:29:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 02:43:39 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2011, 02:42:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 02:23:34 PM
The suckiness of the Detroit Lions is one of the few eteral constants of the universe.  You guys are going to get hit hard jumping on that particular bandwagon.

The suckiness of the Detroit Lions requires they be good for a few years games to keep their fans interested enough to be pissed off when they collapse again.

FYP
How 'bout them Vikings? :lol:

They sure do suck this year, don't they. :(

But they've generally been successful (though never winning the Big Game) which makes them a fun team to root for.  Plus most years they get a couple of guaranteed wins against the Lions.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 08:55:27 AM
They sure do suck this year, don't they. :(

But they've generally been successful (though never winning the Big Game) which makes them a fun team to root for.  Plus most years they get a couple of guaranteed wins against the Lions.  :cool:

DAMN!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on September 29, 2011, 08:51:41 AM
Instead of watching football, I'll be at the Opera for Verdi's Rigoletto. Free birthday tickets from the ticket office.

Good thing you're a Euro & not American.  You'd never hear the end of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2011, 09:03:28 AM

Eh I would do it.  I can watch the Redskins suck it up on DVR later.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2011, 09:13:08 PM
A team the rest of the league loves to hate, in both open contempt and hidden subterfuge. 

This is mostly in your head.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 09:04:28 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2011, 09:03:28 AM

Eh I would do it.  I can watch the Redskins suck it up on DVR later.

Noted.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2011, 09:41:48 AM
Noted.

Hey it is not like I wake up Sunday morning pumped to see the Redskins anymore.  I mean I still watch them but resignation is strong.  You are a Bengals fan you understand.

Now Saturday well now that is something else.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 09:04:28 AMThat's just about my reasoning, only I had the option between classical music or Cowboys imploding against the Lions.

Told ya so!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.