And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 4

Started by MadBurgerMaker, September 27, 2011, 04:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Texans are in give-up mode.

Game over.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Foster is real good at football. So is Owen Daniels.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 02, 2011, 02:21:35 PM
Foster is real good at football. So is Owen Daniels.
And the defence does alright sometimes.  I should lose faith in them more often.

edit:  But they really need to get a wide receiver involved.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2011, 02:28:00 PM

They don't really have any right now.  :(  Walter can catch and Jones is fast and all, but without Johnson out there, they don't really get the kind of coverage they need to get open.  There's no true #2 WR in Houston.

Edit: Fuck and there he is on the sidelines in a tshirt.

Wow the Rapist just got buried there.  The whole DL was on him.  Then Mario Williams goes all beast mode.   

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 02, 2011, 02:31:54 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2011, 02:28:00 PM

They don't really have any right now.  :(  Walter can catch and Jones is fast and all, but without Johnson out there, they don't really get the kind of coverage they need to get open.  There's no true #2 WR in Houston.

Edit: Fuck and there he is on the sidelines in a tshirt.

Wow the Rapist just got buried there.  The whole DL was on him.
Don't they have Jacobi Jones, or did he leave.

Nice play by Super Mario.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2011, 02:35:40 PM

Yeah they still have him, he's the returner right here, but he's wildly inconsistent as a WR, unfortunately.

Edit:  By inconsistent, I mean he'll go make some hilariously difficult circus catch, but then let the next one hit him in the numbers, bounce up, and get picked off, if you know what I'm saying.  I don't get into watching them so much that I can comment on his route running and such.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 02, 2011, 02:36:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2011, 02:35:40 PM

Yeah they still have him, he's the returner right here, but he's wildly inconsistent as a WR, unfortunately.
Well, fortunately this year seems to be the year of the tight end, and Daniels is a stud.  At least they have a quality downfield option without Johnson.

Still, I hope Johnson isn't hurt bad, and that it's just a hamstring he can come back from next week or so.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2011, 02:39:30 PM
Well, fortunately this year seems to be the year of the tight end, and Daniels is a stud.  At least they have a quality downfield option without Johnson.

Still, I hope Johnson isn't hurt bad, and that it's just a hamstring he can come back from next week or so.

Yeah Daniels is basically their #2.  An interesting thing they have now that Leach is gone is James Casey, who they moved to "fullback" from TE to get him on the field.  He doesn't bulldoze guys like Leach, but he's a much better pass catcher.

There's Jacoby Jones with a DB blanketing him.  Not really a big fan of that playcall there, going deep like that when you only need 6 yards.

MadBurgerMaker

Huge stop for the D. 

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 02, 2011, 02:45:30 PM
Huge stop for the D.
Indeed.  Now, they need to run well and get the first, and then it's kneeling time.

Looks like they're going to have to trust their D.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 02, 2011, 02:42:19 PM
There's Jacoby Jones with a DB blanketing him.  Not really a big fan of that playcall there, going deep like that when you only need 6 yards.
I thought it was odd.  Isn't he supposed to be crazy fast?  He got zero separation on that play.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2011, 02:48:43 PM
I thought it was odd.  Isn't he supposed to be crazy fast?  He got zero separation on that play.

vOv One of the mysteries of Jacoby Jones.  He IS really fast.  Sometimes. 

MadBurgerMaker

Ugh.  I wonder if this is going to be more points off the board.

Neil

Well, the game was over for a minute there.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 02, 2011, 02:53:48 PM
Well, the game was over for a minute there.

You are required to defy the laws of physics against the Steelers. 

Now this shit is over.