News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My first car accident

Started by DGuller, September 21, 2011, 04:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2011, 03:43:43 PM
This story gets more interesting.  Now her parents call me and bitch me out, and claim I was running a red light.   :lol:  Then the dad informs me "I know where you live, you motherfucking cocksucker."  Now that's not funny.  Should I call police right now?  Please advise me ASAP, for obvious reasons.
How does he figure you ran a red light and got rear ended? :lol: Anyway, make sure your door is locked :ph34r:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2011, 06:55:10 PM
This is how romances start.  At least according to Hollywood.

The over-the-top friction with the dad is another sign. Guller's been pulled into a rom-com.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2011, 04:45:59 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2011, 04:37:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2011, 04:35:23 PM
How old is this daughter?
Turns out she's 26.  She looked younger than that.  Kinda surprising she's still living with her parents and has her parents deal with her mess, but then again, they are Italian.

So she's of legal age?  Then why are you dealing with Dad?
His car, his policy, and she forwarded me to him.

Capetan Mihali

I wrecked my dad's 1998 Toyota Camry with someone else's dad's 2001 Nissan Maxima in Knoxville.  But I've never owned a car.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

They're from upstate New York, actually.    :P

Now the daughter called me and bitched me out that I went back on our agreement.  I did, but I did try to call her multiple times beforehand.  She claims she was at work and couldn't talk.  Maybe, too bad for her.  In her situation, I would've found a way. 

Anyway, I'm done talking with all of them, and I will inform the next one out of that retarded family that I already talked to police about the dad's threats, and they advised me to stop discussing matters with them.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

And this is why you never take advice from attorneys outside your jurisdiction.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DGuller

Quote from: Scipio on September 24, 2011, 06:03:28 PM
I don't think that a family being fucking nuts is a jurisdictional issue.

DGuller

Quote from: Maximus on September 21, 2011, 05:41:30 PM
Hell you didn't even flip the car.
I guess this this minor car accident did turn into a major trainwreck after all.  :lol:

Scipio

Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2011, 06:07:46 PM
Their advice was fucking terrible.  I was trying to be nice and blame it on jurisdiction.  Oh well.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DGuller

Go on, elaborate.  Obviously I'm interested in a post-mortem, because this situation should have never gotten to this point.

Barrister

Quote from: Scipio on September 24, 2011, 08:22:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2011, 06:07:46 PM
Their advice was fucking terrible.  I was trying to be nice and blame it on jurisdiction.  Oh well.

I stand by my advice.  The worst case scenario DG winds up in exactly the same situation as if he would've reported anyways.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

And FWIW, I think your advice has been sensible throughout the thread. :hug: It's not your fault the family (hopefully not The Family) has been anything but sensible.

Iormlund

Yeah, it doesn't always have to end like that. I once rear-ended a truck and cracked the plastic cover of his rear right lights. The Mercedes dealership was just 50m away from the site. We walked there, I bought him a new one and we both went our merry ways.