News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My first car accident

Started by DGuller, September 21, 2011, 04:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Her dad called me back, left a voicemail, and told me that I'm going to have to pay a deductible anyway if I go through insurance, and to think about that.  "You're going to have to pay some money out of pocket anyway".   :lol:  I don't think he realizes who he's talking to when it comes to insurance.   :lol:  That guy should really leave his daughter do the talking, especially when his daughter already smoothed things over.

Ed Anger

Have his knees broken. You can call your pals in Brighton Beach.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

The one bright spot is Italian dads are totally cool when you fuck their daughters.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2011, 06:48:33 PM
The agreement is for me to drive to the place they know and trust, get an estimate, and if I choose to repair my car there, her dad will drive me from and to the shop when I'm without car.   :ph34r:  Hopefully I won't get murdered along the way, the family is Italian.  :ph34r:

Fuck it.  Go through your insurance.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

You know what, you're right.  I had this nagging feeling that this isn't a good idea, but I really hate goong back on my word.  However, I just realized that I don't owe them anything, and that I can't trust them anymore.  I will give the daughter the bad news tomorrow.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2011, 10:28:36 PM
You know what, you're right.  I had this nagging feeling that this isn't a good idea, but I really hate goong back on my word.  However, I just realized that I don't owe them anything, and that I can't trust them anymore.  I will give the daughter the bad news tomorrow.

The idea is that if you take care of it quick and easy then it saves both of you the risk of an increase in rates.  But you need to do it quickly.  If they start dragging things out for weeks then you're compromised when you do go through your insurance company.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Gotta agree with BB.  Go for a ride with a guy who starts off with a severe negative impression?

No sale.  Dad hath spoiled the milk.

DontSayBanana

Dad's trying to shave the numbers; he's probably the one who's going to end up paying the daughter's higher insurance anyway.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Yes, insurance is in his name.  Anyway, I'm going to give the daughter a call.  I'm going to tell just inform her that I'm going through insurance, and see if she volunteers  to pay the full estimate.  At this point the only possible way I'm going to settle is if I get a check for the estimate I have, with a very tight deadline for getting the check.  I wasted enough time on this nonsense already.

Habbaku

To add insult to injury, you should explain to her why you're going through insurance if you do that.  :smarty:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

I'm trying to call the girl, and can't get to her.  Fuck that, I've bent over backwards far more than any reasonable person should've up to this point.

My decision is final, I'm making a claim.  Just one question, is there anything I should not go out of my way of mentioning to GEICO, like my attempt to settle without getting insurance involved, or declining to have the police report?  Or do I have nothing to worry about, and should just go ahead and trust my insurance company with everything?

DGuller

Claim filed. :contract: The dad basically talked himself into it.  I was told by GEICO that they definitely consider the girl to be at fault, which is not surprising, but reassuring nonetheless.  They didn't seem to take issue with me trying to settle this or not getting the police report.

DGuller

This story gets more interesting.  Now her parents call me and bitch me out, and claim I was running a red light.   :lol:  Then the dad informs me "I know where you live, you motherfucking cocksucker."  Now that's not funny.  Should I call police right now?  Please advise me ASAP, for obvious reasons.

Iormlund

Habbaku

:lol:  New Jersey.  Call the police.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien